Every day, millions of children are deprived of an education. Being the foundation of our future, they deserve to receive equality of opportunities and support.
With this objective in mind, a group of students from the FEDA Madrid German Business School brought the social project FEDA for Kenya into life. The Board of Directors of the school decided to donate 20.000€, won as prize money at the IHK Foreign School Competition in May 2018 in Berlin, to the Starkid School in Nairobi.
A school with over 200 students of all ages, which due to the actual adverse economic and political situation worldwide, is suffering and struggling to survive.
Therefore we need to keep up our helping hand, now more than ever!
Concrete objectives which have already been achieved in the last years to support the students of the Starkid School in Nairobi
- Donation of solar lamps to the children which enables them to keep studying in the evenings https://littlesun.org/
- Purchase of clothes for the sports teams
- Support in setting up a science laboratory for the students
- Donation in 2021 of 19 suitcases filled with school material, toys and sports equipment
We need your help! - New ideas to keep supporting the Starkid School:
In November 2022 we - Katja, Josy, Paulina, Jana and Yannis, students at FEDA Madrid - plan to travel to Nairobi to visit the Starkid School and continue our collaboration, handing over donations and sharing knowledge. Therefore we are asking for your donation, which will be invested in the following projects:
- Purchase new school books and school uniforms for 170 Students
- Purchase sleeping blankets for the 40-50 orphans who stay in the school overnight
- Organize workshops to avoid water waste and teach foster water recycling
- Help rebuild the school kitchen towards more sustainability: Supplying it with modern cooking appliances and gas oven. By switching to gas, approximately 30% of the energy costs are saved. In addition, the partial conversion to gas contributes to a more environmentally friendly energy and also reduces the exposure of the staff to smoke in the kitchen.
- Set up a school garden in the backyard for a future harvest of vegetables and fruits
- Financial donations for other needed goods and services
Furthermore, during our two weeks at the Starkid School, we intend to participate in classes and activities by giving English and geography lessons
Besides, we want to organize team sport activities, prepare intercultural exchanges and include Christmas-themed activities such as baking or crafting gifts
The following link will redirect you to our homepage, where you will be able to find more information about the project:
We are incredibly grateful for your donation. Every penny, as well as all of our work, will go directly to the Starkid School and guarantee these students a better future.
Thank you for your kind actions!
Your FEDA for Kenya Team