Towards the end of 2016, we decided to try again. I got pregnant right before Christmas with our second child. Unfortunately, I started having terrible abdominal pains and had to go to the emergency room. I ended up staying in the hospital for over a month and we found out that my endometriosis was severe stage 4. The baby was growing and causing major problems. I had scar tissue and cysts that completely blocked and shut down my digestive system, which was causing my terrible pains. The doctors drained a softball sized cyst that was blocking my bowels and I ended up having two surgeries in the hospital to restore my digestive system. Through all of this we lost the baby. The doctors told me that, due to my severe endometriosis and the fact that I now had even more scar tissue after the two surgeries, it would be much too dangerous for me to ever be able to carry a baby again. They told us that if I were to successfully get pregnant, there was at least a 90% chance that I’d be right back in the hospital again, possibly with worse problems. This completely devastated both of us because we desperately wanted another child.
We decided that adoption was our best option. We thought that if I was unable to carry a baby myself, then the right path to complete our family would be to give a child out there a new chance in life that they might not have otherwise. We also know that we want to have a baby so that Peyton can be the big sister that she deserves to be. To do this, we found that a private adoption agency would be the best way to go, but that can cost upwards of $30,000 or more when it’s all said and done, which will be extremely difficult. We are asking our family and friends to support us. If you feel in your heart that you’d like to help us in our journey to change our lives and the life of a baby out there that deserves it, it would mean the world to us.
We truly appreciate all of your support during this exciting time and we love all of you!