The Cedar Rapids Noon Lions has served our community for more than 100 years. Our primary focus areas include:
- Kidsight - vision screening for children ages 6 months through Kindergarten
- Adult Vision and Hearing Assistance
- Wright Elementary School Partnership
- Hunger Relief - food collection and food bank assistance
With the help of our volunteer members, we turn a little into a lot! Here's what we've done:
- In the past school year - 1600 children were screened for vision
- In the past five years - Approximately $12,000 were given to Wright Elementary to assist the teachers and programs
- In the past five years - 255 deserving individuals were assisted with needed eye examinations and eyeglasses
- In the past five years - 5,000 eyeglasses have been recycled and sent to other countries
- In the past five years - 50 hearing aids have been recycled, refurbished, and given to deserving individuals
- In the past year, to address local hunger, we gave $11,000 to HACAP (Hawkeye Area Community Action Program)
- We recently donated $11,000 for Ukraine Relief
Additionally, we assist serving 3 million donors and recipient individuals through the Iowa Lions Eye Bank at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Camp Courageous, Trees Forever, Leader Dog for the visually impaired, and childhood cancer have also benefitted.
Thanks in advance for contributing to our cause to benefit the Cedar Rapids Thursday Noon Lions Charities. Any donation will help make an impact!
The Cedar Rapids Thursday Noon Lions Charities is a 501(c)(3) charity.
- Alan Huneke
- James Davidson
- JAMES RUSSELL
- Gary & Mary Crandall
Become an early supporter
Your donation matters
Cedar Rapids Noon Lions Fundraising Committee
Cedar Rapids, IA
Cedar Rapids Thursday Noon Lions Charities Inc
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.