Firstly, thank you for taking the time to open up Pregnant Pickle's support fund.
Who are we?
Nicola Hinds founded pregnant Pickle LTD in 2022, following her experience with pregnancy and maternity discrimination in the workplace. Pregnant Pickle is here to provide free support, resources and guidance to new and expectant parents struggling to understand their rights in the workplace whilst pregnant or after birth.
We are also here to work with employers to help them improve their knowledge and understanding of pregnancy and maternity discrimination through training packages available to purchase from within our products and services section. Our mission is- to have society and the workplace respect the rights of all pregnant women and new parents.
How are we funded?
Pregnant Pickle has a diverse funding model, which includes grants from trusts and foundations, donations from individuals, events, project-based work with organisations, workshops and training programmes for employers, and resources and merchandise to purchase. So if you would like to help Pregnant Pickle with a small donation, you would be doing something unique!
Can you help?
Please get in touch if you support what we stand for and can offer further support to Pregnant Pickle LTD and its service users. We are always on the lookout for individuals or businesses who would like to make a difference through volunteering, sponsorship, mentoring, or simply giving us advice or guidance.
Pregnant Pickle's Objectives are clear:
- To provide both employer and employee with resources and skills to promote a better and more inclusive relationship during pregnancy.
- To reduce the risk of mental health issues arising from the workplace during pregnancy.
- To reduce the amount of legal action taken against an employer.
- To increase the return rates of new mothers returning to work following Maternity Leave.
- To increase the retention rates of parents in the workplace.
- And finally- REDUCE the number of women and families affected by Workplace Pregnancy & Maternity Discrimination.
These objectives form a golden thread through social, well-being and employment.
It is believed that 1 in 9 women face some form of pregnancy and maternity discrimination in the workplace! A teeny tiny donation will go a long way to help PP support these women.
We are incredibly grateful to all of you who have read our page, liked our posts, supported our journey and helped us along the way; please head over to our brand new website www.pregnant-pickle.co.uk and leave us a little review if we can help you.
- Follow us on Social Media - Pregnant Pickle Insta (@preg_nantpickle) / Pregnant Pickle FB (pregnantpickle)
Nicola & Family