Support children who lost mother

Hi Family and Friends.  I am raising money to support my brother, Ryan, in raising two kids after the passing of his girlfriend, Tiffany Lee Hartley.  Ryan will be raising  their daughter Lawsynn (1.5 years old) and Tiffany's daughter DaKodah (13) on his own after their mother's battle with cancer ended on December 2, 2017.   This all came about very abrubtly and we thought there would be a lot more time with Tiffany.

Ryan is taking legal guardianship of DaKodah as she would like to stay with him and Lawsynn, as well as stay close to her school and friends.  While being a single parent is never easy, Ryan will primarily need help with funding for day care for Lawsynn until she reaches school age - not a small expense.  Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated.

26347760_15140646200_r.jpeg

Tiffany's Story
In July of 2017, Tiffany was diagnosed with stage 4 Malignant Melanoma. Following her diagnosis, she began to receive immunotherapy treatments to decrease her chances of the cancer returning. At that time, she was cleared of active cancer cells, however the chance of it returning was 70%. With treatment, her chances would be reduced to 30%. She loved her children and family more than anything, so naturally she was willing to begin treatment.

After starting treatment, she began to have complications after the first 2 sessions. Starting in November, things began to take a turn for the worst. She was admitted to OSU James Cancer Hospital for abdominal pains and soon after admission began having troubles breathing. After an extensive stay at The James, it was determined that the cancer treatment had attacked the healthy tissue of her heart causing inflammation and, as a result, heart failure. On top of this she was battling sepsis.

Following her discharge home she continued having complications while fighting her infection. After an unknown event that caused difficulty breathing and ultimately cardiac arrest, on December 2, she passed away following an aggressive attempt to resuscitate her. 

In conclusion, she was a beautiful person, and loved by so many.

Where your money will go:
*Day Care for Lawsynn - most of the money donated will go here
*College Funds
*School related costs from now through high school
*Future unexpected costs for the girls
26347760_15136664050_r.jpeg
Thank you!

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting my brother in his time of need.  Tiffany left us much too early and I am deeply saddened by the thought that two beautiful, loving girls will grow up without their mother.
  • Anonymous 
    • $1,000 
    • 43 mos
  • Doug Gels 
    • $100 
    • 43 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 44 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $250 
    • 44 mos
  • Sara Metsker 
    • $20 
    • 44 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Michelle Docter 
Organizer
Hilliard, OH
Ryan Docter 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more