Main fundraiser photo

Help baby Avi

Donation protected

Hello guys phil and jane here.  First we would like to glorify God for presenting us with our baby girl Avianna Valyn Siao Pornel  and second we would like to thank everyone who has been praying with us from the start. Id like to share our pregnancy journey with you.  Jane has been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS) when someone is diagnosed with (PCOS) There's a high chance of infertility. But God enabled her to conceive. At 7weeks she started bleeding, and thru ultrasound we found out that we are having twins. But sadly twin A did not develop and this is the cause of her bleeding. Jane was on bed rest for 3mos. After her 1st trimester her bleeding stopped. Then on her 5th month (sept2) we decided that its time to know our baby's gender, it was supposed to be a normal check up, but God has other plans for us.  The doctor found out that our baby's brain has enlarge ventricles clinically known as ventriculomegaly  and a complete unilateral cleft lip and palate. The doctor told us to have a Congenital Anomaly Scan 2weeks later to see if our baby can still develop. On sept 8 we decided to to let everyone know that we are having a baby girl, her name is baby Avi. On sept 16 we had our Congenital Anomaly Scan and the doctor confirmed our baby's findings. Our OB advised us to have another CAS for a 2nd opinion. We had our 2nd ultrasound for our baby's development on sept 30 and yet another news came our way. The doctor also confirmed the findings on our baby. She added that the fluids on her head is rapidly filling up her brain and the white/brain matter that is in charge of the motor skills is pretty small.  So there's a possibility that baby avi cannot walk, use her hands and she will be dependent on us all her life. We prayed and planned for our pregnancy, Jane did her part on taking the prescribed supplements(folic acid) for the baby's brain development 3mos prior of getting pregnant. On Oct 2019 we had our doctors appointment in PGH this time we met with a Pedia-Neurologist specialist to give us  counseling regarding our situation. We told her everything that happened this past month and she clarified a few things with our baby's case.

1. If there is a blockage in the ventricles inside baby avi's head she needs to be shunted right away

2. If shunted our baby's brain can still develop and she can live a normal life considering there will be no other complications during and after the operation.

3. This procedure is not Cheap but she recommends the operation to be done in a private procedure rather than in charity to avoid infection and delays in the intervention.

4. The doctors will closely monitor her brain until she is born. And its better for jane to give birth around 37 weeks and beyond because it will be more difficult to operate on a pre mature baby (like me ;) ) and she will be more susceptive to other complications.

The doctor gave us hope that baby avi can still function and have a normal life contrary
to what the previous doctor told us that she'll be dependent on us for life. She also told us that a lot of things can still happen for her good, if we proceed with the operation right away. Baby Avi is 2days old now and her head circumference is 42cm  almost the size of a 1 year old and her condition is now Hydrocephalus. 

We have no known history of family members getting diagnosed with Hydrocephalus and Cleft lip palate. We may have planned this pregnancy but God has a bigger plan for our baby's future.

We have prepared for Janes normal pregnancy up to cesarean procedure but because of her complications, the funds i saved slowly diminished. We are in need of support because as a sole provider of my family my income will not support the needs of my baby if she starts with her operation right away. I am appealing to your kind and willing hearts to donate any kind of amount for baby Avi. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts! May God bless you always!

We are trying to pool a total amount of P 500,000
P 200,000 will go to her Shunt procedure
The rest is for the hospital bills.

We asked our Dear Friend Valerie Love Bendoval to be our beneficiary so she can withdraw the donations on our behalf. She's the maid of Honor in our wedding and the long time Best friend of my wife Jane. Rest assured that the donations will go to where it should go. Valerie,  Val for short who resides in New York is more than happy to help us raise the funds for Baby Avi. 

Thank you in advance to those who are willing to help baby Avi and please include our family in your prayers. We Love you!

We also thank the Gofundme team for creating a way for us to raise the funds that we need for Baby Avi!


  • Anonymous
    • $200 
    • 4 yrs

Organizer and beneficiary

Phil Pornel
Valerie love Bendoval

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee