"We love Spokane. We love our employees. We love our local heroes. In a mission to provide for our employees during the restaurant shutdown, as well as give back to the heroes helping our city through a crisis, we came up with a way that YOU can pitch in, WE can do the work, and OUR local heroes can benefit. We call it "Help a Restaurant Help a Hero". We have 3 main objectives:
- Find a way to give back to the first responders and medical workers who are giving their all to help us through this crisis
- Mitigate the damage done by the restaurant shutdown for as many of our employees as possible - this will provide hours for employees that were laid off this past week due to the COVID-19 restaurant shutdowns
- Bring the city together to help facilitate community, provide some small comforts, and help the industry stay alive
To make this happen, we're going to do what we do best -- provide delicious meals to those that need it! The Goodwin Group Properties -- The Backyard Public House, Remedy Kitchen & Tavern, Barnwood Social, and Brick West Brewing Company -- are teaming up to tackle this task. We're asking you to help us in our mission to serve 100 meals per day to medical staff and first responders in the city of Spokane. We're lowering our traditional catering meal cost from $14 to $10 per head to help get our staff back in action and get some hot meals to the people who deserve it most.
ANY SIZE CONTRIBUTION HELPS! For only $10 you can buy a meal for a local hero. Our goal WAS to serve 100 of these meals per day for 10 days. Given the incredible response from all of you, we've extended this to 20 days!!! Deliveries have been rolling out and the response has been heartwarming. Help us keep the giving going!"
LEARN MORE ABOUT GOODWIN GROUP HERE
- April 1st: Thanks to you, we are able to get some of our staff back in the kitchen, helping make meals for local heroes!
- April 6th: We've delivered over 600 meals to local medical staff and first responders with YOUR help!
- April 7th: By request from the local hospitals, we've started deliveries to the night shifts, feeding those working overtime to keep our community safe and healthy. Thank you!
- April 13th: We've now delivered over 1,300 meals to local hospitals, testing facilities, and first responders in Spokane. We couldn't do this without you. Thanks for your help!
DonationsSee top donations
- william Sattelmeyer
- Stefani Wright
- Jessica Ruiz
- Shelbea Bean
Fundraising team: Goodwin Group (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more