The Gage Park Latinx Council is a Grassroots Community Based Organization run by long time Latinx residents of the South West side of Chicago neighborhood; We organize socially and politically in order to create a strong, safe, and culturally rich Gage Park that is reflective of our diverse Latinx working class community. GPLXC is committed to creating a strong sense of community and identity through Art, access to information, Education, Social Justice and direct positive actions.
Our community programs and events are one hundred percent self funded. This is made possible by community support, donations, and volunteers.
Funds donated will make possible the continuation of Free services and programming provided to the Gage Park Community including:
-Free Summer Youth Art Club in Gage Park
-Summer Story Hour for Kids in Gage Park
- Back to School Supply Drive for Gage Park Families
- First Generation Student Group on the Southwest Side
- Gage Park Book Club
- Young Adult and Teen Mentorship on the Southwest Side.
- Community Clean Up Initiative in Gage Park
- South West Side Queer Network
- Know your Rights and Rapid Response efforts in Gage Park and bordering communities.
Visit our website for more information on Gage Park and GPLXC'S Work in our communities:
- Carlos Trejo
- Maria DeJesus
- Aaron Ortiz
- Cristina Camargo