I've spent the past year evaluating the La Gonave Massage Program from a distance and letting the supervisor take the reigns. He has done a great job, however, we realize that the students need more training and the medical community needs more education about the benefits of massage.
In addition, we also now have the honor of partnering with an awesome family through Groupe Action Scolaire to sponsor Jordans, a sixth grade student in Anse A Galets. I met with him and his family and read letters and looked at pictures together. It only costs $150-$180/yr. for him to have books, a uniform, and an education. The family invests what they can and we help with the rest! What a blessing to be working together in this way! We are thankful for the G.A.S. program and what they are doing to make a difference in their own communities.
Some of the important parts of working overseas is building stronger relationships while honoring the culture and communities. I am excited to announce that I will be taking my whole family on this trip so that they can meet my newfound friends and our sponsor student, the massage students, the missionaries, and experience the beauty of Haiti.
We are putting our heads, hands, and hearts together with a team from ALIVE Wesleyan Church and are looking forward to traveling with some great people that love Haiti and love the Lord. My family will spend time doing light construction work at the local Wesleyan Hospital while I am doing training with the massage students.
Here's how you can help:
1) Be praying before, during, and after the trip
2) Offer a gift or donation of any amount
3) Spread the word
4) Ask me about sponsoring an orphan or underprivileged student through G.A.S.
5) Support a long-term local and global mission partners by praying for them, keeping in touch with them or financially sponsoring them
6) Consider going on a missions trip to help open your eyes to how God is working all around the world and to increase your faith
7) Participate in our fundraisers: buy a customized t-shirt, buy a Haitian-made bracelet, do a burpee challenge, or hire us out for babysitting. We are up for helping you while you help us!
Thanks for being a special part of this wild ride!
DonationsSee top donations
- Bracelet Sales
- Dr. Bowers
- Aunt Fran
- Darin Brown
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more