UPDATE: Donations for Send Chinatown Love's Gift-A-Meal Program can be made directly through our website: https://merchant.sendchinatownlove.com/gift-a-meal-home
We are partnering with restaurants who have been impacted by COVID-19 to gift meals to communities in need.
Previously, we've helped raise over $12,000 for Asian-owned small businesses in NYC. As our merchants’ needs shift from immediate relief to re-opening assistance, we're adjusting the way that we can help.
Gift-a-Meal is an initiative that aims to help both struggling Asian-owned small businesses and communities in need.
Why a voucher system?
1. It brings foot traffic. For our merchants, opening their doors costs more than keeping them closed. They've survived the NYC shut down but even though they're now allowed to re-open, people have stopped visiting their stores.
2. It's easily distributable. Vouchers are electronic and can be immediately delivered to the recipients. It's also a contactless payment which is a plus!
3. It's flexible. Recipients can claim them immediately or save the meal for a rainy day. Gift cards expire in one year so families and the elderly can claim their meals whenever it's most convenient for them.
Each voucher that we distribute will be good for one meal at our partnering restaurant. We've already raised enough money to distribute 200 meals. With your help, we hope to reach our goal of distributing 1,000 meals.
Organizations We're Currently Partnering With:
- APEX for Youth : Gift cards will be distributed to families of elementary NYC students who rely on programs for free meals
- 46 Mott
- BCA (Brooklyn Chinese-American Association)
Learn more at Send Chinatown Love!
Are you an organization/community that is interested in partnering with us? Send us an email at [email redacted]
Partnering Merchants : Shunfa Bakery, New Win, Wing Hing Seafood Restaurant, Melonpanna Tea & Shot, Go Noodle Nine Moon, 46 Mott, Nanbei Foods, Grand Tea & Imports
DonationsSee top donations
- Erika Brandt
- Liana Lau