Genspect is providing a voice for parents of gender-questioning kids.
Thousands of mothers and fathers are deeply unhappy about the poor healthcare their children are receiving. For years, clinicians have known that gender therapists are ignoring the complex factors in young people's lives. From autism and ADHD to eating disorders and trauma, major issues are being shoved to one side in the rush to medical transition.
Parents of gay and lesbian teenagers believe that internalized homophobia is driving their children to seek hormones and surgeries. If this isn't addressed, we'll see even more gender-non-conforming people regretting the life-long changes they made to their bodies.
Your generous donation will help us to:
· Write and ghost-write articles to appear in the press, articulating parents’ concerns and telling parents’ stories.
· Book TV and radio interviewers and podcasts, so parents’ voices can be heard by the wider public.
· Create fresh, engaging graphics and animations, presenting the issues of gender-questioning young people in an accessible way.
· Broadcast our own exclusive content, giving you a chance to hear from the people making the news in their own words.
· Lobby politicians, journalists, clinicians and educators, helping them understand the complexity of identity development.
· Host webinars for parents, where they can share ideas with some of the world’s leading specialists in gender.
· Generate working relationships between parents and clinicians, helping connect the science to the real stories.
· Unite thousands of parents from hundreds of disparate support groups, so that they can speak with one voice.
· And much, much more. We’re open to your ideas: get in touch, and tell us what you’d like to see us do.
The money we raise will also help us to meet our overheads, so we can work to get these families' stories out there. These parents need a voice. But the media has failed. The education system has failed. The medics have failed.
We're officially angry, and it's time for us to act. Help us do that.
DonationsSee top donations
- Peter Kelly
- Amy Perry
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more