Donations will support Buncombe Partnership for Children's work with local children from ages birth to 5 years old.
The first $10,000 in donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Partnership's board members & board alumni, Blue Ridge Orthodontics, Clean Environments, First Citizens Bank, Johnson Price Sprinkle PA, the Matt & Molly Team of Keller Williams Realty, Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty, WellCare of North Carolina, and Zen Sushi.
We need your help to meet this ambitious match and double the impact of this special time of year!
What is the Week of the Young Child?
A nationwide celebration that spotlights early learning, young children, and the communities that support them. From April 10-16, Buncombe Partnership for Children (BPFC) will host virtual and socially distanced events (family story times, movie nights, play groups, puppet shows, etc.) and share resources for children, families, and teachers.
Interested in sponsoring as a business? Click here to check out sponsor benefits!
About Buncombe Partnership for Children
BPFC's vision is that every child in our community will reach their fullest potential and be prepared for lifelong success. We value families of all kinds, early childhood educators, racial justice, relationships, and brave innovation.
The following strategic directions guide our work:
- Strengthening the early childhood education system.
- Implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.
- Strengthening resiliency in early childhood education.
- Ensuring financial sustainability and growth.
Our annual Impact Report shows how high quality early education improves the lives of everyone in the community.
How will my donation make a difference?
BPFC is on a mission to strengthen the capacity of educators, families, and the community to build a strong foundation for children’s learning and development beginning at birth. Programs focus on early literacy, family support, affordable early care, high quality early education, workforce development, and children's health. Other expenses include administration (5% of annual budget) and fundraising (<1% of annual budget). Read on for more about the programs BPFC delivers.
· Dolly Parton's Imagination Library: Mails a free, brand-new book to enrolled children every month from birth until they turn 5.
· Reach Out & Read: Provides free books to children ages 6 months to 5 years old at all well-child doctor’s office visits.
· Kaleidoscope Play and & Learn Groups: Free, facilitated playgroups in English and Spanish.
· Asheville Adventure Play: Workshops on child-directed play; also hosts Pop-Up Adventure Playgrounds.
· Circle of Security: A parenting program to strengthen bonds and build secure relationships.
Affordable, High Quality Early Care and Education
· Child Care Subsidies: Vouchers to assist income-eligible families with the cost of high quality child care while they are working and/or in school.
· NC Pre-Kindergarten: A free, high quality Pre-K program for income-eligible rising kindergartners.
· Sustaining Facility Quality: Unrestricted grants for 4- and 5-star-rated child care facilities to help maintain high program quality.
· Child Care Resources: Online and in-person training, technical assistance, coaching, communities of practice, and consultation for early childhood educators.
· Early Childhood Educator Workforce Development Project: An entry-level training program and career pathway designed to attract and retain a high quality, diverse early education workforce.
· The WAGE$ Project: Financial supplements for qualifying early childhood professionals with the goal of reducing turnover.
· Child Care Health Consultation: Health and safety training for child care providers and support for children’s individual health plans.
· The Sunshine Project: Onsite consultation that provides strategies for successful classroom inclusion to educators who teach children that experience social, emotional, and/or behavioral issues.
· Shaping Buncombe: Helps prevent childhood obesity by providing training and technical assistance on healthy eating, breastfeeding, physical activity, and improving outdoor play spaces to child care centers.
Let's usher in great change and opportunity in the earliest years of children's lives!
- Katherine James
- Sarah Cain
- Patricia Willhite
Fundraising team: Friends of BPFC (6)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more