Fund for Morrell Winebar Team & Community

To Our Dearest Friends of Morrell Wine Bar,

First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. It has been heart wrenching to watch our beloved wine bar go from bustling to completely shutdown, as with the rest of the city. The places which we love the most, where we unwind after a long day have shut down, leaving its employees in dire straits. Like most businesses, we had to make the tough decision of letting go of our tenured staff, but look forward to the day when they can return to work.

What COVID-19 has done to our hospitality community is devastating. I am determined to help my Morrell Wine Bar team and the community at large with this public fund. With your help and generosity, it is my intention and promise to donate 80% of proceeds directly to the Morrell Winebar staff and the remaining 20% distrubuted evenly between Restaurant Worker's Community Fund (RWCF) and No Kid Hungry. I am happy to provide full transparency on all distribution should it be requested. 

Every single dollar and effort is much appreciated. We look forward to one day opening our doors again and thanking you for all your support. Be safe, be well, and thank you for your time and generosity.


Yours truly,

Anna-Christina Cabrales
General Manager & Wine Director, Morrell Wine Bar & Cafe

Donations ()

  • Jean-Remi Barbier 
    • $50 
    • 17 hrs
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 1 d
  • Nancy Slagowitz  
    • $400 
    • 1 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 1 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 2 d
See all

Organizer

Anna-Christina Cabrales 
Organizer
New York, NY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more