This page was set up by a group of volunteers to support Stansted Surgery.
During the Corona Virus pandemic, we have come together to help Stansted Surgery deliver the extended services they are offering to the local community, over and above their usual medical care.
Stansted Surgery has become a co-ordination hub for a small army of wonderful local volunteers. Some of the things the surgery is making possible include but aren’t limited to
• the collection and home delivery of prescriptions for those shielding and isolating
• a shopping service on behalf of those that can’t reach the shops
• provision of essential food items and essential goods to those in need
• telephone calls to those in isolation
One of the things we’ve seen more of recently is the growing need for essential food items and other essential items. We have set up an ‘Essential Supplies’ service and in the process of leafleting the area to promote it and other services to those in need.
We also have amazing volunteers making protective clothing for the Surgery Staff which is like gold-dust in the current climate and urgently needed for the Surgery to continue operating.
We are in urgent need of funds to support the community.
To give you an example
• One set of protective clothing costs approximately £15 to make
• Bread, milk, eggs, ham, butter, toilet roll and soap for an emergency pack costs approximately £10
We would be grateful for donations of any amount.
*If there are any funds left over at the end of the pandemic, the decision on the use of funds will be taken by members of Stansted Surgery Patient Participation Group (PPG)