Clothing The Gap is an Aboriginal owned and led social enterprise where 100% of profits are re-invested in to our social cause of adding years to Aboriginal peoples lives and uniting people through fashion and a cause through education and advocacy. See more about Our Why here.
Since beginning the Free The Flag Campaign, we have seen so much support for the efforts to Free The Flag and over 75,000 people have signed our Pride Not Profit petition. With the flag turning fifty in July 2021, the campaign is working hard to see The Flag free before then to be able to celebrate this significant milestone.
This 'Free The Flag - Fighting Fund' fundraising page has been created in response to a number of supporters looking for an avenue to continue to support the campaigns efforts with financial donations. We encourage people to support the campaign by wearing their values on their tee by purchasing Free The Flag merch , but if you already have a tee, just don't need more stuff, or you want to contribute in a different way, then this is for you.
Any donations received will directly support the campaign on the ground every day as we work towards freeing the Aboriginal Flag.
The 'Free The Flag - Fighting Fund' will be used to:
- Assist the Free The Flag Campaign with staffing resources
- Support the creation of a documentary on the Aboriginal Flag and the fight to see it free
- Continue to educate people about the issue in public forums, online and in schools and workplaces etc.
- Support the campaign messaging and advertising across a variety of platforms
- Assist in covering travel expenses incurred in travelling to Parliament in Canberra to meet with politicians
- Support events that further the Free The Flag cause
- Explore other avenues of action that further the Free The Flag cause
We currently have an incredible relationship with FAL Lawyers who support the campaign with pro-bono legal support and counsel.
If you have any questions about what your donation will be used for, please don't hesitate to email: [email redacted].au. You can see more about the campaign here: https://clothingthegap.com.au/pages/free-the-flag
We also ask supporters to:
1. Add your voice to the Free the Flag petition
2. Contact your local MP and as their constituent, ask them to act on your behalf. You can see how to do this and use our template here
3. Use the Free The Flag logo until the Aboriginal Flag is free for all to use.
4. Show your support by wearing your values on your tee and rep some Free The Flag merchandise.
5. Raise awareness and have conversations about the Aboriginal Flag and the impact of the copyright.
Please note that if you would like to publicly fundraise on our behalf we ask that you connect with us first. You can reach us at [email redacted].au.
Thanks again to everyone who has already been supporting the campaign but, lets continue to fight until our Aboriginal Flag is free.
#PrideNotProfit #FlagRights #FreeTheFlag
- Anastasia Clarke
- Bridget Jolley
- Kim Asher
- Grace Archibald
- Jessica-Rose Turner
Fundraising team: Clothing The Gap (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more