We are all working extra shifts, staying late, coming in early and going that extra mile. Unfortunately as hard as we all work it still can be a distressing time for our patients being isolated from their loved ones at this worrying time when they need them the most.
So because of this reason myself and my beautiful friend Mary Dyson who have both worked on Foxley ward for many years are going to dye our hair bright red in the hope to try and raise a few pennies to enhance the experience of our patients journeys.
A few ideas we have had so far are to buy,
* Additional CD players for patients to be able to listen to their favourite music from home.
* Puzzle books and adult colouring books to keep their minds active.
* Windowsill Flower boxes and window bird boxes to attract wildlife for the patients to watch.
* Luxuries such as nice toiletries and treats such as having afternoon tea sessions.
* Additional ward mobiles for patient calls.
*Items that we feel could help patients be more comfortable who are coming to the end of their life.
And so on...
So please If you feel like you could spare us a few pennies or a few pounds it would really help us make a difference to so many lives.
Thank you so much x