About: Graeme Little né Peter Pope has had a long and varied legal and business career, and since 2011, is now a health politics advocate/lawyer.
He is primarily fighting to preserve the 21 natural therapy professions from attack by forces influenced by the well known big pharma corruption practices, which are impacting the health of many Australians.
Through his intense involvement in a celebrated AHPRA test case, which failed in 2013 to prohibit a natural therapy practitioner at the forefront of hyperbaric oxygen therapy and robotic rehabiliation, Graeme is methodically building his natural therapies network and resources to challenge a deeply ingrained conspiracy in Australia's mainstream medical community.
A similar conspiracy and legal action was prosecuted in the famous USA WILK's case which implicated the AMA in the USA. In addition, the US Department of Justice has been highly successful in prosecuting a large number of corruption cases in the USA over the last 10 years, extracting huge settlements from all major Big Pharma companies.
Graeme founded www.fightPHARMAcorruption.com in 2016 with goals to fight Big Pharma corruption primarily in Australia in the following key areas:
1. The influence upon governments to pass legislation favourable to Big Pharma and discriminating towards natural medicine professions, including State based health complaints legislation with onerous mandatory codes of conduct.
2. The influence upon universities and research bodies to conduct scientific studies favourable to Big Pharma, without the due rigor required by accepted global gold standards of scientific trials, such as Cochrane Collaboration reviews.
3. The influence upon government agencies to fast track drug approvals, without appropriate safety and efficacy trials, and adequate after-market monitoring.
4. The fostering of sceptic organisations such as Friends of Science in Medicine, and medical lobby groups such as the AMA, to target natural medicine professions and their key leaders, and any political parties aligned to natural medicine.
5. The influence upon research organisations such as the NHMRC, to depart from their mandatory guidelines in critical areas such as the Australian Immunisation Handbook.
6. The distortion of mainstream media reporting in favour of Big Pharma, and generally critical of natural medicine professions.
7. The undue pressure upon doctors to fail to report adverse events, or speak out about safety risks of any drugs, particularly those drugs having black box warnings in the USA, all vaccination drugs, and those for which Cochrane Collaboration has concluded weak or no adequate scientific evidence.
8. The creation of Medicines Australia, a self regulatory club of Big Pharma companies authorised by the ACCC, to effectively be immune from ACCC action to protect consumers, or to take action against corruption of doctors.
9. The initiation of appropriate legal action to re-address the outcomes of Big Pharma’s alleged corruptions in Australia, through an affiliated entity, www.whistleblowersunite.com to be launched later in 2016 (website under construction).
10. To foster world-class whistleblower legislation in Australia , by encouraging the adoption of best practice focusing upon the US model of the False Claims Act with its strong financial incentives paid to whistleblowers from settlements and judgments (up to 25%).
Please read more at the links below.
This site was created by a group of natural practitioners to recognise Graeme's past support of many natural practitioners under attack, and to further his ambitious goals detailed above to preserve and enrich the practices of the many traditional therapies under direct legislative and lobbying threat by the Big Pharma lobby.
With blessings from Australia's Natural Therapists and the families of whom they support with natural medicine and therapies. https://fightpharmacorruption.com/donations/
Further background of Graeme's career since 1978
He recently assisted a health practitioner succeed in maintaining his right to practice in the longest health practitioner case in Australia fought to the bitter end after 66 days of hearings before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in 2013.
Graeme has had a varied business and legal career starting with private legal practice in 1978, Principal Legal Officer with the National Companies and Securities Commission in 1983, stockbroker, corporate finance, and venture capitalist from 1983 to 2000, horse breeder/ racing until 2010, medicinal herb farming on French Island, permaculture design and now specializing in health politics advocacy and law, protecting natural health therapies.IT’S TIME TO GO NATURAL
For that Graeme needs our help!
Funding so far has come primarily from his own pocket and relatives but now he needs our help as he has exhausted his funds. The funds raised will go directly to him but be used in a targeted manner to achieve the goals set out above, and regularly accounted for in updates to donors on this site.