Now accepting tax-exempt donations through https://www.frontlinefoods.org/chapel-hill-nc/
Feed the Fight Chapel Hill NC recently became an official chapter of Frontline Foods , a national organization that shares our mission to save local restaurants who have been impacted by shelter-in-place orders while supporting those doing battle on the frontlines.
Frontline Foods is an affiliate of World Central Kitchen, an international 501 (c)(3) organization led by chef José Andrés, so all future donations to Feed the Fight Chapel Hill will be tax-deductible. From now on, please make all donations, volunteer requests and other inquiries through our Frontline Foods chapter page * and continue to spread the word about this important cause! All contributions made through our chapter page will go directly to supporting our local Chapel Hill restaurants and health heroes. (*We will no longer be accepting donations through this GoFundMe page.)
We hope the national recognition of Frontline Foods and our new non-profit status will help us rally even more support for Feed the Fight Chapel Hill and grow our impact beyond what we could have imagined. Follow us on Instagram where we'll continue to post updates about our progress and impact. Thank you for your continued support!
Feed the Fight Chapel Hill NC is a community fundraiser providing fresh meals from local restaurants to UNC healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 on the front lines. If you are looking for a way to support your favorite breakfast spot, sandwich shop or pizza joint, or show your appreciation for the doctors, nurses and medical staff in our community who are risking their lives to save others, here's how:
- DONATE what you can! 100% of donations will go directly to local Chapel Hill restaurants to support their staff and keep them afloat during the pandemic. 20% gratuity will be included on every order. Here are the restaurants we're currently partnering with... and there's more to come!
The Purple Bowl
Vecino Brewing Co.
Al's Burger Shack
- SHARE with your networks of family, friends and colleagues. The more people we have supporting the cause, the more meals we'll be able to buy to keep our restaurants in business and our healthcare workers well fed.
- VOLUNTEER to deliver meals. Just email us, and we'll share a calendar with the days/times we need your help.
- SHOW YOUR LOVE with thank you notes and cards from you, your children, your neighbors... whoever! We want our healthcare heroes to know how much we value them. Email us and we'll arrange a collection or drop-off.
- CONTACT US with your ideas about other restaurants or healthcare organizations you want us to support. We'll do everything we can to grow our impact!
Our initial goal was to raise $12,000 to provide UNC Hospital's staff with 15 meals over the next 30 days. With your help, we surpassed that goal in less than a week and have raised the bar to $25,000 so we can expand our efforts to provide more meals, from more restaurants, to more healthcare heroes in our community for as long as they need it.
Thank you for your support and generosity. Together we will fight and together we will HEEL.
Phoebe Murray & Lydia Stewart
*Feed the Fight Chapel Hill was started by sisters Phoebe Murray (UNC '13) and Lydia Stewart (UNC '14). All funds will be withdrawn to Lydia's personal account; 100% of the funds will be used to purchase meals directly from local restaurants in Chapel Hill. The meals are then delivered to healthcare workers in UNC hospital's emergency department, respiratory diagnostic center, ICU and several other units. We have no specific relationship to the chosen restaurants.
- Rene McRogers
- Philip Semanchuk
- Grace Thompson
- Kara Aycock
Organizer and beneficiary
Chapel Hill, NC