Feed Albany provides at-risk and in-need individuals in Albany, New York and the Greater Capital Region with access to prepared & packaged meal solutions by utilizing commercial kitchens, unemployed restaurant workers, volunteers and the use of donated vehicles to produce, package and distribute prepared meal solutions.
We are working closely with The United Way, the City of Albany, The Food Pantries, the Albany County Sheriff and various other local organizations and service providers to identify those at-risk and in-need and through our resources & partnerships, to facilitate delivery of both prepared meals and food items to these individuals and organizations.
We need your help. Make a donation today to help us continue to assist in need and at risk individuals in the Capital District of New York State by preparing and distributing prepared meal solutions.
100% of your donation will be used to:
1. Purchase food for use in prepared meal solutions.
2. Purchase containers and packaging for prepared meal solutions.
3. To provide limited financial assistance to recently unemployed restaurants workers who will be volunteering to prepare and distribute the food at various locations throughout the Capital District.
Your generous donation will help us to quickly and effectively:
1. Identify restaurants throughout the region who are willing and able to participate in this program by donating the use of their kitchen to prepare packaged meal solutions.
2. Identify newly unemployed restaurant employees whom are able and willing to volunteer to prepare and distribute food.
3. Purchase food for use in the production of prepared meal solutions at locations throughout the region.
4. To identify at need populations throughout the region including elderly individuals, our area's homeless population and other at risk children and adults.
5. To quickly, efficiently and effectively distribute these prepared meal solutions to those most in need.
To learn more about how you can help, to donate the use of your commercial kitchen, to apply as an unemployed restaurant worker to assist in the preparation and distribution of food and to apply for food if you need it, please visit our website at http://www.feedalbany.com
The Feed Albany Team
Jason & Kay Pierce, community activists and co-owners of Savoy Taproom
Dominick Purnomo, Wine Director & Co Owner of Yono’s & dp An American Brasserie, Board of Directors for the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District, the New York State Restaurant Association and The Palace Performing Arts Center.
Joe Bonilla - managing partner and co-founder of Relentless, President of the board of directors for Capital CarShare, Inc., managing director of the Knickerbocker Film Festival, board secretary for the University at Albany Alumni Association, and a board member for Troy Preparatory Charter School, Maria College, the Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, and New York Urban Orchards.
Matthew T. Peter- Executive Director of the Albany Parking Authority, Albany County Legislator, board member for Capitalize Albany, the Albany County Visitors Bureau and Park Playhouse.
Christine Tate - Chief Operating Officer at VARA, Chair of UNY50 Leadership Network.
DonationsSee top donations
- Herarto Gunopawiro
- Claudia vigorito
- Benedict Conboy
Fundraising team (5)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more