For 13 years, Santa Cruz surfer Pat Farley has invested thousands of his personal dollars and hours to bring holiday cheer to our community through his Disney-worthy Winter Wonderland . This year, we’d like to show our thanks by giving something back.
Please join us in raising funds to help Pat continue this iconic Santa Cruz event for years to come.
WHY ARE WE RAISING FUNDS?
Farley’s Winter Wonderland spans Pat's entire outdoor courtyard and takes a full six months to plan and assemble. Every year, Pat shoulders the brunt of the cost and labor himself. Once the Winter Wonderland opens for the season, Pat graciously opens his personal home every night through New Year’s Eve to anyone in need of Christmas spirit.
As attendance grows each year, so do Pat’s costs. In addition to the rising electric bills, Pat has invested in new, expanded displays as well as propane heaters to please the ever-growing crowd.
Last year, Pat did what many surfers considered the unthinkable – he sold his prized surfboard collection to fund the event.
We're starting this fund to help Pat continue to host this family-friendly event for many years to come. Donations of any amount are welcome.
HOW WILL MY DONATION BE USED?
100% of the funds raised will go to support Farley's Winter Wonderland, including:
· A new 20+-foot artificial tree to replace the king of the evergreen forest*
· Electric costs for the 5-week long festivities
· Propane for the on-site heaters
· Offsite storage for valuable display pieces during the off season
· New, commercial-grade garland and LED lights for the courtyard
· New ornaments and trees to replace those faded by our strong Santa Cruz sun
*(After months of bargain hunting, Pat has identified a supplier who can provide a high quality, affordable tree that is expected to last 10+ years).
LOCATION & DETAILS:
We hope to see you in person at Farley's Winter Wonderland, too! Please join us:
What: FREE walk-in holiday lights display
Where: 108 Seaview Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
When: Nov. 30 to Dec. 31. Doors open nightly 5:30-9pm
· 30 ornate Christmas trees, with a 20-foot centerpiece
· Ornaments the size of soccer balls
· 30 different villages depicting the spirit of the season
· A real log cabin with its own fireplace
· Vintage sleighs
· 10-foot nutcrackers
· Elf houses and stores
NOTE: If your businesses or organization is interested in becoming a featured event sponsor, contact us for details.
Thank you for supporting this great event in our community!