CitySpace is the Easthampton-based nonprofit that restores, preserves, and manages the Old Town Hall as a vital center for the arts in the city of Easthampton, MA. This year, as we celebrate 150 years of Easthampton’s Old Town Hall, CitySpace has made a commitment to bring the second floor of the historic building back to life with flexible and accessible performing arts and community space. This will be our biggest restoration project to date.
This $15,000 will be a community contribution towards the $6.6 million second-floor Old Town Hall project. By supporting this campaign, you are ensuring that this historic building will continue to be a hub for arts and culture for the Pioneer Valley. You’re supporting historic preservation. You’re fostering the performing arts. You’re contributing to the economic and cultural vitality of Easthampton. And you’re making CitySpace a stronger and more sustainable organization — an organization that will provide a heart for our community and visitors for decades to come. Join in and be a part of this community endeavor! Donate here, at cityspaceeasthampton.org/donate , or mail your gift to 50 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027.
Why is the Old Town Hall Transformation project important?
- Preserves and makes accessible a 150-year old building in Easthampton’s Main Street Historic District
- Contributes to the economic and cultural vitality of Easthampton
- Fosters the performing arts and provides affordable space in the Pioneer Valley
Flywheel, Easthampton City Arts, and Big Red Frame and Elusie Gallery, current tenants on the first floor of the Old Town Hall, present programs year-round, but the beautiful second floor of the historic building remains unused. This project will transform the space while maintaining its historical integrity, creating a new flexible venue to enjoy performances, concerts, and community events unlike any other in the region.
- Make the 2nd floor accessible to the public
- Make the Old Town Hall a destination for the performing arts
- Maintain the historic Old Town Hall
WHAT WE NEED TO DO
- Build an accessible entryway in the lobby.
- Add an elevator that provides access to all floors of the building including the balcony.
- Repair ceiling, floors, and replicate historic moldings
- Update restrooms, build out a new green room, office, and storage space.
- Outfit the second floor with flexible seating, custom acoustic panels, modern flexible stage, light, sound, and projection equipment, and box office.
- Add efficient heating and cooling systems for the year-round usability of the second floor.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Please give what you can to support this exciting project for Easthampton and the Pioneer Valley region.
Send this page to your friends, family, neighbors, and those who love Easthampton, Western Mass, the arts, and historic preservation! Share it on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media channels.
CitySpaceEasthampton.org/Transformation to learn all the details about the making of the second floor of Old Town Hall into an accessible and flexible performing arts and community space.
WHEN YOU GIVE
Thank you for your donation. Please give at any level — It all makes a difference whether you can give $15, $150, or $1500.
Receive two tickets with your donation of $150 to the Old Town Hall Ball on October 19 in the Eastworks Ballroom including a top hat full of delights. Learn More.
- Joe Serio
- Nikki Beck
- Ellen Koteen
- Cassandra Holden