We are a group of residents that are concerned about the amount of trash in our community left by those who don't care about our community, or the Earth and its animals is alarming, and we need your help to change that.
53,238 bottles, cans, towels, shoes, cups, lighters and other trash picked up this year so far BY ONE RESIDENT ALONE. Our small group of volunteers comb the beach each day and pick up on average about 500 pounds of trash from the beach and nearby boardwalks, parks and the jetties.
Your generous gift will allow us to:
1. Provide t-shirts, grabbers, buckets, trash bags and personal protective equipment for volunteers for beach cleanups.
2. Print a giant banner to be placed at the entrance to Mission Beach
3. Offset the cost of events for things like printing flyers, educational materials, signage and permits.
4. Print yard signs that we can give to residents to raise awareness
5. Provide signage on trash cans and no littering signs on the beach.
Our first beach cleanup event was a big success: More than 63 volunteers picked up 523 pounds of trash!
Photo Credit: Oliver Asis Photography (IG: @oliver_asis