Well, this is one that has been brewing since the pandemic. For those that don't know during the pandemic I was streaming heavily on Twitch. One thing that came up during that time and even after was teaching people to produce. So we did a few production streams and to my surprise people loved it. On top of that I get asked often from peers and even strangers that would love to learn to dj. So this is the start of working towards acquiring a space to do just that in person. From teaching production to djing to providing a safe space for all age ranges and all experience levels. But I want the space to be even more that. I want it to be a space people can come to, to practice their set before their gigs, a space people can rent out and use for events and small gatherings where you won't have to worry about equipment or sound because it will already be there, a space for my creative people to host art galleries and talks. I want this space to be for the community. So I am raising funds that will go towards the space, equipment, sound and software.
I am excited and nervous but I am ready to provide something bigger to the community and I hope you'll be down to help ❤️
Business Model and Mission Statement:
“Providing an all inclusive safe space for music lovers and creatives”
* DJs and music producers: Collaborate with experienced DJs and music producers who can serve as instructors and contribute to the development of the curriculum.
* Music equipment suppliers: Establish partnerships with suppliers to offer discounts to students.
* Local music venues: Collaborate with music venues to provide performance opportunities for students.
* Record Label Releases: Collaboratr with labels in my network to help students get signed and release music
* Curriculum development: Design a comprehensive curriculum that covers DJing skills, music production, music theory, and related topics.
* Instruction and training: Provide hands-on instruction and training sessions to students, both in-person and potentially online.
* Marketing and promotion: Develop marketing strategies to attract students, such as social media campaigns, local advertising, and partnerships with music-related businesses.
* Equipment management: Maintain and upgrade DJ equipment to ensure high-quality teaching and learning experiences.
* Physical space: Acquire or rent a suitable space for classes and practice sessions, equipped with DJ consoles, speakers, and other necessary equipment.
* Instructors: Employ experienced DJs and music producers as instructors who can effectively teach and mentor students.
* Curriculum and teaching materials: Develop comprehensive teaching materials, including course materials, tutorials, and practice exercises.
* Comprehensive DJ education: Offer a well-rounded education that covers both DJing skills and music production, enabling students to develop a versatile skill set.
* Experienced instructors: Provide instruction from experienced DJs and music producers who can share practical insights and industry knowledge.
* Performance opportunities: Offer opportunities for them to showcase their skills at local music venues, helping them gain exposure and experience.
* Official Music Release: Offer opportunities for them to have official release with labels I run and / or have a connection to
* Beginner DJs: Individuals with little to no DJing experience who want to learn the fundamentals and techniques of DJing.
* Music enthusiasts: People passionate about music who want to learn how to produce their own music and gain a deeper understanding of music theory.
* Aspiring professionals: Individuals who aspire to pursue a career as a DJ or music producer and are looking for professional training and guidance.
* Creatives who need a space to use for talks, workshops, art galleries or events
* Instruction and mentorship: Provide personalized instruction and mentorship to students to help them progress and achieve their DJing and music production goals.
* Community building: Foster a sense of community through events, networking opportunities, and online platforms for collaboration and support.
* Leverage social media platforms and online advertising to reach potential students.
* Local marketing: Utilize local advertising channels, such as flyers, posters, and partnerships with music-related businesses, to promote the school and attract students.
* Hit up Local blogs (Dance Music Northwest, Do206…)
* Production / DJ fees: Generate revenue through student enrollment and charging fees for various courses and programs offered.
* Space Rental: offer to rent space out for events and gathering - include cost of dj equipment and sound Cost Structure:
* Rent and utilities: Budget for the rental space and utilities required for running the school.
* Equipment maintenance and upgrades: Set aside funds for maintaining and upgrading DJ equipment. * Marketing expenses: Allocate a budget for marketing and promotional activities, including online advertising and local marketing efforts.