Daniel, Jeimy, & Danielle Foss

Hello everyone, here is an update on our situation and an explanation as to why the amount needed has raised to 5,000.
We have moved south close to the border of Costa Rica. Thank you to everyone you has made that a possibility. All roads out and into Managua now have been blocked and is very dangerous trying to enter or leave there now. We got out of Managua just in time and are much safer in the south now.
We can not make it to the U.S. embassy in Nicaragua however to get a US passport for baby Danielle. Even if we could make it there they offer no help for my wife Jeimy. so what we are doing now is getting money together for attorneys in getting Danielle a nicaraguan passport and an exit visa so she can cross the Costa Rica border and can then go to the US embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica to get a transfer of citizenship for Danielle to have a US passport and to get Jeimy’s tourist visa. We then need an attorney in Costa Rica as well to help with the process as Danielle was born in Nicaragua and Jeimy is not a citizen of Costa Rica. It is a bit of an expensive legal process. The total amount now to do so including waiting time and travel expenses are going to be between 3,000 and 5,000 dollars more than expected. This amount is including extra money for travel costs as the costs have quadrupled in the last few days due to gasoline shortages as supply trucks can not get through.
Thank you every one for your continued support and prayers!
Ps. The amounts are approximately 500 dollars in travel to san jose with our belongings, 700 dollars in expenses while waiting for the interview with the consular, 400 to 500 dollars in attorney fees, and then airfare to the U.S. about 1,800 for the three of us.

For those of you friends and family who do not know our situation  my wife Jeimy, my self, and our newborn daughter are in Nicaragua. I am trying to get papers for baby Danielle for U.S. citizenship as well as getting a visa for my wife for them to both come back to the states with me. Unfortunately there are a lot of problems right now here in Nicaragua that have caused the U.S. embassy to close down and send its employees back to the states for their own saftey.  The problems here include mass rioting, anti government protests, fires, looting, public executions by the police, etc etc. The people here are trying to rise up to over throw the current government and president whom has become a dictator aboloshing all term limits to presidency, making his wife Vice President, and putting his sons in position of power so that no matter what his family remain in power. This is creating somewhat of a warzone in The capital of Managua which is where we live.
I came here with enough money to get by while waiting on papers for My wife and daughter. Unfortunately that is put on hold until there is peace here and the embassy can reopen.  Where we live is not safe! We have to stay hunkered down in the house.  I have to come back to the states to work so that i can afford to keep paying everything here while we wait for peace to come.  I don’t want to leave however without first moving my family down south to the Costa Rica border where it is safe. I can not afford to do this without the help of my family and friends.  It is a matter of life and death in getting my family moved south to a safe location. I dont want to leave them living in the capitol while i go back to work to get enough money to bring them to the states with me. 
Any amounts willing and able to donate towards helping us move can only be repaid with fotos and updates on the situation in our progress in getting to the U.S.  Every amount is appreciated beyound what words can explain. Even if you can not donate please keep us in your prayers for safty and God’s help in getting us out of here. 
If any amount is donated over what we need for moving we will use toward the costs of the visas and travel costs to the States. 
Daniel, Jeimy, & Danielle Foss


 See top
  • Tori Foss 
    • $50 
    • 35 mos
  • Lacey Katz  
    • $100 
    • 35 mos
  • Tori Foss 
    • $315 
    • 35 mos
  • Sharon Gerchak 
    • $50 
    • 35 mos
  • Tori Foss 
    • $40 
    • 35 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Daniel Foss 
Vancouver, WA
Lisa Foss 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more