Raising £30,000 to set up a Community Home for those who are lonely, isolated and at risk of developing severe depression as a result of loneliness, especially the over 65s/older adults.
My name is Mo Fayose. I have been supporting those who are alone, lonely, isolated and at risk of developing severe depression in my community in Nottingham, UK since 2016.
In my journey as a mental health student nurse, I found many tend to develop severe depression as a result of loneliness and social isolation. I have also found during the time I worked as a Healthcare Assistant that many of the older adults I supported in places such as hospitals and residential/care homes are even more isolated with feeling of loneliness, despite having 20, 30, 50 people around them.
It has always been my dream since my very first Healthcare Assistant job in 1996 to provide a home for those who are without their loved ones around them, due to situations beyond their control.
Setting up a Community Home will promote added loving care and support that will:
1. Reduce the impact of loneliness and social isolation
2. Give people the opportunity to be part of their community again
3. Give people the opportunity to have access to other resources that are available to them in the community
4. Give people the loving company/friend they have craved for
5. Allow people to pursuit their friendly nature
6. Support families
7. Give people back their sense of belonging
8. Most importantly, will provide listening ears, in which would allow people to access services that they really need for the person-centred care.
Your support will not be providing a one-off solution but the support which will create an impact that will live with people in our communities for years to come. It will bring smiles to our faces and will show that someone truly cares about those who are lonely and socially isolated around us.
Please help make this dream a reality and not just a wishful thinking.