We all watched in horror as small business was destroyed during protests. Many businesses were already barely hanging on and now have to contend with damages, lost revenues, and other by-products of the destruction. Insurance can only do so much.
My name is Henry Velez, and I am a Management Consultant who understands the importance of small business in the community. I can no longer hang back while people lose their life savings and the hard work they put towards their business.
Businesses will receive cash grants and I will personally assess and distribute the funds based on the following criteria:
1. Effect of protests of business: Did the protests have a visible detrimental effect to the business.
2. Financial need: Does the business need funds to stay afloat.
3. Continuity of operations: Will the business rebuild and continue, or attempt to continue to operate.
4. Location: Chicago or Chicagoland Area Only
5. Business Size: Very small business. Under 50 employees and preferably "mom and pop" shops.
I'm not sure how much in grants will be given out, but I will PERSONALLY match the first $1,000 that are placed in here.
You will be posted on progress of funds disbursed, and I will guarantee you that the money will be spent in the most efficient and effective manner.
About the Organizer:
Henry Velez is a Management Consultant for a Fortune 500 company working out of Chicago. He is a Veteran with 10 years in the military and a former paramedic. He deployed to multiple countries including Bahrain and Afghanistan and was a Special Operations Medic. He believes in small business, and will do anything in his power to help.
For any questions:
- Karla Kramer
- Gloria Vazquez
- Cristina Rebellon
- Tina Kuo