As a follow-up to our general plan, here is some more background information on how we intend to proceed.
1) My name is Gunnar Larson. I'm 13 years old and I live in Boston. I am a huge Bruins fans. Luckily, I get to go to more than 20 games a year. I have also played hockey for Charlestown and Brookline town teams.
2) My family and I, owing to the number of events we are able to attend, have gotten to know a lot of the great folks working at Garden events. They are nothing but nice to us and are key to the high-quality and enjoyable experience we have every time we go to the Garden.
3) We came up with the idea to raise money for displaced employees when we learned about the suspension and the fact that no one was stepping up to help these folks. I think it's just wrong and felt like I could do something about it. Or, at least, I could try...
4) Many folks have emailed us about our plan for our fundraising and the subsequent distribution of funds. Simply, we are first trying to maximize the amount raised (surprise, right?!). Scale is very important because we learned early on that it takes almost 1,000 people to successfully staff and manage a Garden event. If one merely assumes that, on average, an employee earns $100 for working at an event, that's $100,000 total employee compensation per event. Wow, that's a lot!
5) With respect to distribution, we are thinking that we will have to establish a list of everyone truly employed at and/or directly part of Garden events. We may ask folks to individually provide simple details, or we may reach out to the individual organizations closely and directly related to the various employment groups. We will also be able to leverage our personal relationships with Garden employees to devise the best plan. We are still thinking this through. Our ultimate scale will likely influence our final plan. Most importantly, 100% of the funds raised (net of GoFundMe fees) will go to the affected individuals. Also, right now, individuals of my family collectively represent the largest contributor to the fund.
That's it for now. Please support us and thanks for all of your contributions and kind comments.
- Jimmy Program seller
- Missing Teeth
- Andy DuFresne
- Yvan Courneyer
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more