We are all in favour of safer and less polluted streets, but we want a traffic plan that is backed by research and expertise, and which works for the whole of our community.
· Severe road safety issues due to dangerous junctions and limited filters
· Time-critical access for emergency services being ignored, impacting on health and crime rates
· Increased pollution through longer journeys and more congestion, especially around our local primary schools
· Elderly and vulnerable being forced onto public transport for essential amenities, despite Covid-19 fears
· No new cycling infrastructure started
· Residents feeling trapped – only way in and out is via the congested and polluted A406 North Circular Road
Furthermore, many residents mistrust Enfield Council’s monitoring and feedback mechanisms, and for good reason. The Council has:
· NOT issued Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which means that there is no published criteria from which to assess the scheme’s success or failure;
· NOT consulted key stakeholders, such as our local surgery, local businesses and our local primary school;
· NOT provided evidence of increased air-quality monitoring - especially at Bowes Primary School, where there is no current plan to install a pollution monitor on Highworth Road; and
· NOT provided a comprehensive nor, indeed, complete Equality Impact Assessment.
We feel that this LTN will compromise the HEALTH, SAFETY and WELLBEING of our residents.
WE ARE FUNDRAISING FOR CAMPAIGN MATERIALS AND LEGAL COSTS
DonationsSee top donations
- David Beadle
- Michael Lam
- Ian Barnes
- Margaret Brady
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more