We all know that New York was one of the hardest hit by COVID-19 in the entire world. COVID-19 not only killed over 22K New Yorkers, but it also left tens of thousands unable to pay rent nor buy food for their families. This added to an already existing problem in NYC.
In fact, in NYC, 1 in 5 children are in poverty, that's 20% of children born without a reliable home and without nutritional food. What's worse, 1 in 121 people in New York do not have a home at all.
That said, here this is our first fundraising initiative to truly help these individuals and families in ways the government has not. Since founding, we have helped dozens of people connect to valuable resources. The fight will continue and we need you!
This is a call to action & a call to help everyone live a happier life!
I started this organization because, having lived in New York my whole life, I have seen the hardships many people face. The reality is New York is not in the best condition and millions of people are struggling to make ends meet and find support. Now in the aftermath of COVID-19, New Yorkers are struggling even more to survive.
Believe New York is an aspiring 501(c)(3) non-for-profit organization that aims to help New Yorkers, from all walks of life, connect to resources they need to survive, and then help them move forward and succeed. Believe New York aims to make New York a happy and safe place for all to live. Click here for our website!
Everyone knows, there are many people, of every age, race, gender & sexuality, suffering in our great city. Hundreds of thousands of people, are without basic necessities for survival like nutritional food and clean water, and even a home.
Thousands of fellow New Yorkers are addicted and consumed from substance abuse. And, thousands of women experience domestic abuse with no hope in sights. Once again, these issues existed far before COVID-19, the pandemic just exasperated these problems.
People of all backgrounds and boroughs are struggling and it is time we all work collaboratively to end the suffering and clean up our home for all to live a comfortable and fulfilling life.
In short, Believe NY's major objectives we will accomplish:
1. Help children, women, mentally and/or physically ill individuals, veterans and anyone else living on the streets get into warm homes and decrease the homeless population in NYC.
2. Decrease the drug overdose rates statewide, and help people find treatment that is favorable for their health.
3. Decrease the amount of domestic violence and help survivors recover from their abuse.
4. Ensure ALL New Yorkers have food.
5. Create and promote a cleaner and more sanitary New York.
Yes these are urgent and ambitious goals, yet we need EVERYONE to help with these efforts to improve quality of life in NY. NOW IS THE TIME!! The help doesn't have to stop in NY either, but for now, this is where change will start. NY is the greatest place in the world and deserves to be treated as such!
I ask you to please be part of this change and help us accomplish what our government is not doing, join us today and please make a contribution. Since we are in the beginning stages of this movement, we truly need people to support our efforts and start us off!!
**ANYONE WHO DONATES FROM NOW UNTIL WE BECOME AN OFFICIAL 501C3 NONPROFIT WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS A FOUNDING SUPPORTER ON OUR WEBSITE!!!**
Believe New York cannot continue this movement without supporters like you.
Donations will go towards:
1. Maintaining BNY's phone and e-mail service, by keeping the website running!
2. Maintaining our training course to train more volunteers to help and reach more people in need.
3. Insurance for our volunteers. Our volunteers frequently interact with individuals who are in an emotional place. Unfortunately these situations can be difficult and dangerous in some circumstances. I aim to protect everyone of the amazing volunteers that makes Believe New York's mission possible.
4. Providing metro cards to and from shelters and other resources for volunteers who are helping people.
5. Keeping BNY on track to become an official 501c3 nonprofit by the end of 2020.
6. Maintaining fundraising and marketing operations to expand our reach!
7. Growing BNY to reach every person in need.
I ask you, believe in the possibilities New York can be. Believe in the people who live and breathe in our city. Believe in the future of New York, and all it will be.
Please show your support by making a donation today.
You can make a donation here or Cash app or Venmo:
Although any amount is greatly appreciated, it would be amazing if our supporters donated $20 for the year 2020 to commemorate the future of New York and all the accomplishments Believe New York will have this year!
Once again, Believe New York is in the beginning stages but day by day we are connecting more and more people to the resources they need! It starts with you, we cannot continue to connect people to what they need, and help clean up our home, without people getting involved. Become a believer today! We need you! :)
This is the beginning of something beautiful, join our movement, please donate to support the future of New York. Indeed there is a lot of work to be done, it starts with believing, and it starts with you and all of us. If you believe anything, Believe New York.
Thank you so much for reading and thank you to any and all support you can provide. Stay safe and stay well!
Nicole K. Bulanchuk
Co-Founder and Executive Director of Operations
- Karen Davies
- Gerry Russo
- Kyle Sorreta
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more