On the morning of March 17, the Allen family house caught fire. While Rattlesnake Fire District firefighters worked diligently to put out the flames, there wasn't much left to save. The barn and the horses on the property were thankfully unaffected by the blaze.
Teri and her husband, Jim, have lived on the property in Elbert County with their two children for over 20 years. Teri, a former competitive equestrian, now rescues horses from slaughter and rehomes them. For this work, she was the recipient of the Denver Channel News 7's Everyday Hero award. Her husband is also a volunteer firefighter, helping others who have found themselves in the same awful position they now face themselves.
Please help us help this family who had done so much for the Colorado community and who lost everything in the blink of an eye.
We'll update here as more information is known.
DonationsSee top donations
- Vicki Rickett
- Josh Andree
- Mark Giebel
- Peggy Bartlett
- Lauren Hatt
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more