Alimenta la Solidaridad Petare, is a project that tries to stop the effects of child malnutrition in popular sectors. In order to do so, one high-calorie meal is served from Monday to Friday to children with some kind of malnutrition in Petare, so they can reach the required levels for their normal development.
We currently serve 2,185 children and 100 moms in their breastfeeding period, and we have 30 diners around the Municipality Sucre in Caracas, Venezuela.
The idea is to create s network of support and jobs that generates a real help to the families in the community.
It is very important for us that each participant is equally committed, in order to break with the paternalistic model generated in the recent years.
Our values, the key to the project: solidarity, team work, respect, tolerance. hope, friendship, co-responsability and coexistence.
- To prevent death by starvation in 12 year-old or younger kids in Petare.
- To promote education and the children's capabilities through psychological advisory.
- To help every mother to solve their daily problems and the issues of their communities through talks, meetings and personal training.
- We also have a program of medical assistment to prevent diseases, and to teach parents and children about health. This way we can make sure that the kids are healthy and with all the nutrients they need.
- To empower the mothers and give them what they need so they can get inserted into the society and get better jobs. All this through talks and free lessons.
Help us change and save more lives!