Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief

Hurricane Maria left the island of Puerto Rico in devastation and has left most of the island with no power, no food, no clean water and no gas. Most of my family is from the west side of the island- Aguadilla, Rincon and Isabela (where help has not arrived, yet). My family has suffered extensive damages to their homes. Family members have lost their homes along with all their personal belongings. Roads have been blocked by fallen trees and flooding making it extremely diffucult for relief efforts to reach our town. Supermarkets are closed and have not been able to receive new shipments of food.  My plan is to raise money to benefit the neighbors in Aguadilla, Rincon and Isabela who haven't received help or don't have the funds to repair and reconstruct.  In addition to supplying them with drinking water and whatever food we can supply.

My grandfather, Ismael Feneque passed away due to causes from the storm. In efforts to support his burial and funeral service I would like to allocate 25% of what is raised through here to him. My father, Ismael, Uncle Angelo and myself were unable to attend his funeral, burial or get to say good bye in person because there are no flights available right now to PR. Abuelito may you rest in eternal peace, we will love and miss you always.

*Update* I will be leaving to Puerto Rico on October 17th thru October 23rd, I will grab everything I have and go on the trip with my father and uncles in hopes of restoring our home towns and visiting my grandfathers grave. I will be collecting goods as well (preferably - water, non-perishable foods, femine hygiene products, toilet paper, baby formula, diapers and more). 

My plan -
My name is Alexa Feneque, I am currently from Mineola Long Island but was raised in New York City and I work for one of the best companies around, Nordstrom. Nordstrom will be matching up to $5,000 in donations. I am raising 25% of these funds for the funeral service and burial services for my grandfather. The other 75% will be used to purchase supplies - including food, water, building supplies and gasoline for the people who live within a few blocks of my grandmother, aunt and uncle. In addition - I am having a collection of goods/supplies to take out there with me on my trip into PR on 10/17. I plan to take out the money prior to my trip because there is no power in PR, meaning I wouldn't be able to withdraw any money from the bank. My grandmother told me that right now they're only allowed to withdraw $60 per day from the bank and that won't be enough for the type of impact we want to have when we get to Puerto Rico.

If you could help support me and my family during this difficult time, it would mean so much to me. Every dollar counts and will make this trip so much more successful. Remember, Nordstrom WILL be matching up to $5,000 in donations so please, every dollar counts.

Thank you for your time and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or for more info in regards to goods drop off.

God bless always.
#prayforpuertorico #helppuertorico #staystrongPR #RIPabuelo


 See top
  • Izabela Kusz 
    • $25 
    • 39 mos
  • Paola Escobar 
    • $50 
    • 39 mos
  • Tonya Kan 
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
  • Wendy Alvarado 
    • $100 
    • 41 mos
  • Al Fontaine 
    • $40 
    • 42 mos
See all


Alexa Feneque 
Mineola, NY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more