We thank all of you for your donations so far, all the money has gone directly to those who may be struggling for food, in need of financial assistance or anything else to help get them through this crisis. We have been trying to think of interesting, funny and original ways to raise money so that we can keep supporting our family.
So… our crazy TruFam have come together and literally put their skin on the line to raise money for their Tru brothers and sisters, with what should be an extremely entertaining game of…... TATTOO ROULETTE! As amusing as this is going to be, we really think it’s a great way to raise some money to support the families of the people who provide you with life changing travel experiences. By selling the skin of some of the other people who provide you with life changing travel experiences...
HOW IT WORKS
1. We'll spin the Tru Wheel of Fortune' (or possibly misfortune for us) see which of our brave Tru Warriors will be next to get inked.
2. You have 7 days to nominate ideas for that person's tattoo. For every £10 donation, you can nominate a new idea, for every £5 donation you can vote on an existing idea. You can vote on your own idea or someone else's or both, as many times as you like. The more votes each nomination gets, the more likely it is that one of us will end up with that idea tattooed on us.
3. To donate/nominate/vote, click donate on this page. Remember to include your tattoo idea or which existing tattoo idea you are backing in the comments! They each have 3 things they can choose that they won't do, we will list these on the pages so please don't nominate them or your money will be wasted. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL AFTER YOUR DONATION, TO LEAVE YOUR NOMINATION IN THE COMMENTS! If you have any issues, just DM us on Facebook or Instagram and we'll keep a tally!
4. We will keep a tally of the tattoo ideas and votes. You will have 7 days to nominate a tattoo idea, vote or donate. For example, if you want a pink donkey tattoo on one of the Doms, then £10 would get that idea nominated and give it one chance of being chosen. If you wanted to give it 10 more chances of getting inked, then just put £50 on that idea. Anyone else can also vote on that if they like the sound of the pink donkey. Just put "10 votes pink donkey" in the comments next to your fifty quid donation. Easy.
5. After this, we'll count up the votes and put each vote for each idea in a hat, give em a mix and pull 10 of them at random out of a hat live on TruTravels Facebook. Those 10 ideas will be put on our Wheel of Fortune and its spin will decide the fate of our Tru Warriors patch of skin. So if your idea gets 100 votes and all the other ones get 900 votes combined. Yours has a 1 in 10 or 10% chance of getting put on the wheel. One idea can only be on the wheel a maximum of 4 times so if it is drawn from the hat more than 4 times another one will be drawn. This way one idea can only have a maximum 40% chance of winning when the wheel is spun.
6. When the wheel is spun and the idea is chosen, the Tru Warrior then has 7 days to get tattooed without fail. Don't worry, we'll post the video for proof!
7. Try not to be too mean. The Tru Legends will be able to place the tattoo anywhere they choose but they can not get it covered for a period of 90 days from the date of the tat. They can, however, have it incorporated into a bigger piece or design of their choosing. Who knows, they might get good ideas for some mad new body art.
- suzanne coulson
- joe f
- Rob Collins
- Donnacha McCormack
- Freddie Speak
Fundraising team: Fundraising team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more