Template wants to provide whatever we can to make our community feel creative and comfortable but we can’t always afford to on our own. Like many of you, Template lives paycheck to paycheck with nothing in a rainy day (oh sh*!) fund. We have many ideas for how to make this container more profitable but even those have inherent start up costs which we really just cannot afford. Everything feels like a much needed expense or a risk. At times, we feel defeated and oftentimes deflated.
Even before we were robbed recently (AND TWICE IN ONE MONTH!), we had been feeling these pangs and struggling with where to prioritize the little money and resources we have.
But we have made this building our home in every nook and connection we have made with y’all and you’ve made with each other.
We’re asking for your support to raise seed funds for a host of revenue building services and projects at Template. We deeply appreciate all of your input on these as well. Here are a few you have suggested and we have decided upon.
- Making much needed improvements to our security and functionality.
- Delicious cafe food menu/food services staff
- Marketing/social media team
- Beer license costs
- Second bathroom (cut that wait in half! We promise to make it a weird one)
- Air conditioning (for sound we must close the doors at 9pm...not everyone enjoys a good group sauna)
- Mural (to support talented local artists and advertise what this building contains)
Whatever you can give would help, we mean that, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for this and all the love you’ve shown us, whether its a coffee or a song ❤️