Steel City Theatre New Home Renovation
Steel City Theatre Company is entering an exciting new phase of growth, and we need YOUR help to increase our capacity to create a unique experience for patrons and performers through outstanding productions, distinctive children’s programs, and the creation of a place where Pueblo and our surrounding communities can come together to learn about and enjoy live theatre. You can be a part of our new chapter, and help make Pueblo a regional destination for high-quality performance art and education!
Since 2013, SCTC has been located at the former Patti’s Restaurant at 241 South Santa Fe Avenue. Although this location has allowed for much growth, capacity is limited to no more than 80 audience members per performance, and the building is in need of costly repairs and upgrades. In addition, our Performing Arts Academy classes and camp sessions are at full capacity and require additional space to grow. SCTC needs to relocate into expanded space that will allow for the growth we need. This fall, we acquired a fantastic new venue, the historic Chief Theatre on North Main Street. This theatre contains the space we need to grow, and renovations are underway – but there is still much to do. We need YOUR support to renovate and occupy this space beginning with the 2023-2024 season!
For the current renovation, we plan on adding dressing rooms and a backstage toilet, a full curtain and wing system with a grid to move the curtains around, a lighting grid that is motorized and can be raised up and down for hanging lights, a new sound system (most likely involving surround sound so every seat in the house is a good one), and a new stage façade and surface, plus lots of cosmetic work in the theatre and front lobby.
We estimate these renovations will cost about 1 million dollars. But the really exciting part is, we’ve already raised the first $300,000! That means we only have to raise $700,000 to complete this project. “Only $700,000?” I’m sure you’re thinking. And it seemed astronomical to us at first. But now, as excitement builds and the reality of this project begins, it seems really doable. We’ll work on large grants and corporate sponsors, but we anticipate the bulk of these funds will be raised by small donations averaging $100 by people who care about theatre and livability in Pueblo. This is where you can make a big impact!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
So what can you do to help? There are many ways to get involved!
- Become an SCTC Member - When you become a member, you will join a community that will unlock special incentives at EVERY level after you join! Memberships start at just $10 a month!
The Chorus: $10 a month or $120 a Year, Bonus: 1 Ticket to the first show at the Chief, SCTC Decal
The Lead: $25 a month or $300 a Year, Bonus: 1 Ticket to the first show at the Chief, SCTC Decal, Tote Bag
The Triple Threat: $50 a month or $600 a Year, Bonus: 2 Tickets to the first show at the Chief, SCTC Decal, Tote Bag, Water Bottle
The Director: $100 a month or $1200 a Year, Bonus: 4 Tickets to the first show at the Chief (with 2 appetizers and 2 drinks), SCTC Decal, Tote Bag, Water Bottle
- Make a One-Time Donation to the Building Fund – Every gift helps! Donate right now through this GoFundMe Page!
- Join the Drama Mamas and Papas Booster Club - If your kid is a participant (any age, any program), join our exclusive parent booster club to create a magical environment for your kids while moving SCTC’s goals forward (email Chloe for more info at [email redacted])!
- Add a Donation When You Buy Tickets – When you buy tickets online (https://www.steelcitytheatre.org/buy-tickets) you will have the option to add a donation to your purchase!
- Sign Up to Volunteer for Work Days in the New Building – Volunteer opportunities will be posted on our website!
- SPREAD THE WORD! Send the link to this Go Fund Me page to your friends and family, and follow and share our posts on Facebook and Instagram! (https://www.gofundme.com/f/SteelCityTheatreNewHomeRenovation)
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
We can’t thank you enough for your continued support and love for Steel City Theatre Company. We hope that you are as excited as we are for the exciting growth that will be possible in the years to come. We’ll keep you posted on our progress via email, on social media, and at the shows! THANK YOU!
Steel City Theatre Company is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. EIN: 20-0042504
Fundraising team: Chief Theatre Fundraising Team (5)
Southern Colorado Theatre Company (Steel City Theatre Company)
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.