- Over 2.6 million refugees have fled the civil war in Syria, of which close to a million are in Turkey.
- Over 200,000 of them reside in the 21 refugee camps along the border, and another 200,000 in Istanbul.
- Only 38% of the $3 billion needed in 2013 to address the educational, health and other immediate needs of children refugees had been funded, according to data released by the U.N.
- 2 million Syrian children have dropped out of school, with 3,000 schools damaged or destroyed.
- These children have lost the home they've known, their families and the opportunity to grow and prosper as they struggle to grasp what has just happened to them.
- They've witnessed violence, travelled many miles by foot to escape and must ï¬nd a new future.
- A grassroots organization based in Istanbul has been providing humanitarian assistance to refugees at the border and inside Syria.
- Currently, one of their projects is a school in Hatay, at the border, that provides education as well as psycho-social support.
- 212 students have not been in school for more than a year.
- Each student needs $286 to complete her/his studies for an academic year (6 months).
- Our goal is to sponsor 20 students for a total of $5,830. So far we've raised $5,147, short only $683 of our target!
- You can sponsor a student for $286 or any amount you choose. You may also pledge an amount to be paid within the next two months.
Thank you for your support!
DonationsSee top donations
- Farooq Khalid
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more