This fundraiser is located in
Idle No More San Francisco is a group of Native Americans and our allies who are working on ensuring a sustainable future and a just transition beyond fossil fuels. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area where there are 5 oil refineries along the Northeast Bay. Cancer, asthma and environmental illnesses are spiked along this corridor, and on August 6, 2012, the Chevron refinery explosion in Richmond sent 15,000 people to local hospitals.
Working with other good folks, we have organized a series of healing walks to bring people together who are concerned about the effects of the fossil fuel industry on our communities. The four walks include:
April 12 - Pittsburg to Martinez (Shell & Tesoro Refineries)
May 17 - Martinez to Benicia (Valero Refinery)
June 14 - Benicia to Rodeo (Phillips 66)
July 12 - Rodeo to Richmond (Chevron)
June 14th walk info: Refinery Healing Walk #3
Any amount that you can contribute will be greatly appreciated!
Connect the Dots: Refinery Corridor Healing Walks
- Walk in prayer with each step we take on Mother Earth
- Bring people together who are concerned about the effects of the fossil fuel industry on our communities
- Learn from one another
- Bring attention to the refinery corridor in the northeast San Francisco Bay
- To have a prayer ceremony at each refinery: Shell & Tesoro (Martinez), Valero (Benicia), Phillips 66 (Rodeo), Chevron (Richmond)
- Imagine our communities beyond fossil fuel
There is a long history of healing walks and runs in Native America, as well as the history of pilgrimages in different religious traditions. The Connect the Dots healing walks were inspired by these traditions.
More information: www.ConnectTheDotsHealingJourneys.org
Sending our gratitude to you!
- Marian Spotswood
- Scott Pesarcik
- Annemarie Donjacour