We provide daily freshly prepared nutritious meals to the vulnerable, elderly and homeless in west and central London.
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many people worried and isolated. As the pandemic goes on, more people are losing their jobs and struggling to cope financially. Homeless shelters and community centres are closed. Elderly people have been asked to self-isolate and loved ones are unable to visit. Many are finding it hard to access warm nutritious meals.
Pear Drops deliver over 2,000 meals per week to homeless, vulnerable and elderly in need.
WE NEED YOUR HELP:
We rely 100% on donations and volunteers to provide our service. We have experienced first-hand how the pandemic is impacting the most vulnerable in society and how Pear Drops meals are providing a vital service to their life. Your donations ensure we can continue providing meals to those in need. Please donate if you can and help share this message.
WHAT WE DO:
- Homeless: We have set-up various locations in central London every day, where we offer warm meals, clothes and basic essentials to the homeless sleeping rough and deliver meals to people in temporary accommodation. We also drive around London and offer meals to those in need we come across on our routes. We also supply meals to homeless charities who deliver them to their communities.
- Elderly & vulnerable: We deliver meals to the elderly and vulnerable who are isolated during the crisis, every day. Some of them haven't had a warm meal in weeks and all are very grateful and looking forward to our meals.
WHO WE ARE:
Set up by the Pear Tree Pub and A Love For Brands in Fulham and a group of local volunteers, Pear Drops emergency food delivery was created to help local communities in West and Central London cater for the elderly, vulnerable and homeless during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each day we create freshly prepared nutritious meals from our kitchen at Holy Trinity Brompton, and a team of volunteers deliver them across West London.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Your support will help us prepare, package and deliver meals to the homeless and elderly in London.
100% of your donation will be spent on:
· Fresh ingredients to prepare the meals
· Packaging to deliver meals. Packaging is getting scarcer every day, which increases prices.
· Bowls/cutlery/etc. to serve meals at our homeless stations
· Stationary for printing menu & allergens
No funds will be used towards rent, rates or management of our kitchen.
We want to raise £20K, to help us provide over 10,000 free meals.
Please donate what you can to help the vulnerable at risk as a result of this global crisis.
If you can't to donate, please help us share the message.
Thank you for your support!
The Pear Drops team
020 3286 5757