Please read my blog post as it's the reason for this campaign.
I will use the funds from this campaign to launch a legal challenge to protect the rights of responsible parents to choose the transportation method that best fits their family, without interference from the government.
Here's the gist, if my blog post is too long:
- I am a single father of five great kids, living in downtown Vancouver
- I spent two years training my kids to take the bus to school, riding with them countless times
- They did these trips happily and without incident
- This Spring, the Ministry of Children & Family Development (akin to CPS in Canada) received an anonymous report from someone that didn't believe my kids should take the bus
- As a result, the Ministry restricted my kids from taking the bus alone, or even going to the corner store across the street, arguing (based on incorrect or no data) that it's too risky
I am a staunch advocate for abundant public transit for everyone who wants to use it. I also strongly believe in evidence-based policy-making.
All the evidence supports bus travel being the safest method of transportation for people of all ages.
This is the wrong decision, not just for my kids, but more importantly as a precedent that can't stand and must be pushed back against if we're to raise confident, independent, sustainability-conscious kids.
DonationsSee top donations
- Nigel Wells
- RICHARD JOHNS
- Peter Warner
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more