Journey to Baby Marguglio

Journey to Baby M....
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

Even miracles take a little time ( and in our case, science too)...Our story began as a simple online coversation in March of 2012. After a few days, I agreed to meet for coffee. We spent every day together for next few months. James and I both were looking for someone who was going to be in it for the long haul. We became a team. We had the same hopes and dreams about our future and creating a family. We decided we were going to try early on to have a baby as we were settled into a home, both had good jobs, and we were deeply in love with one another. We tried, and we got pregnant the second month of trying. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 19 weeks due to Pprom. We lost our daughter, Lillian James. We were devastated.

We took our time before trying again. But when we did, nothing was happening. We waited and waited and month after month we would deal with heartache and frustration. We decided to see a specialist about 18 months later. We decided to try IUI, thinking maybe, we just needed a little help. Boy were we wrong. Needless to say IUI, was a failure. James and I threw ourselves into work and decided that it would just happen when it supposed to happen. However, we decided on Christmas 2016 that if nothing happened by the spring, that we sould seek out a new Clinic. Fast Forward to June 2017. James and I met with Dr. Denker at PBFC and we began the rigorous rounds of bloodwork and genetic testing to see what was going on. Low and behold, we had a few factors that have been in the way: I am now 38 at this point, and have a low amh level of 1.08, I have dominished ovarian reserve (meaning low amount of eggs) and James has motility issues with his swimmers. Those factors made us candidates for IVF with ICSI(In Vitro Fertilization). Since my health insurance does not cover IVF (most insurance carriers, do not) and will only cover a few tests and meds here and there, We decided to pull my retirement fund and decided we were going ALL IN to make this work. I started medications about a month later and we were hoping for an egg retrieval in August. However, my body didn't respond to the first protocol of medication, so the Dr stopped cycle 1 before it was a complete Failure. The Dr suggested a Priming Cycle and so after waiting 6 weeks for the initial round of meds to leave my body, I started the next round. Within this time frame, we also had to deal with Hurricane Irma and no power or work for a week. Thank Goodness we had a friend who never lost power and allowed us to keep expensive medication in their refridgerator. Whew!
Fast forward 6 more weeks and we were ready to do our egg retrieval. We had a successful ER on 11/17/17. We had 7 eggs retrieved and 4 of them became Blastocsysts and are currently Cryo preserved until we are ready for our Frozen Embryo Transfer. We had anticipated our FET for December but i started to have fluid building up in my fallopian tubes. After some hesistation, I decided to follow the recommedation of the DR, remove both tubes, since they haven't been doing their job anyway. This will be beneficial for the FET as the fluid in the tubes could have created a harmful environment for the embryos upon transfer. It could have ruined all we are trying to do. I had a bilateral salpingectomy on 1/11/18. This means I no longer can conceive naturally and will have to rely on science.
This brings us to current day. I go to the Dr again on 2/27/18 and will receive my schedule to start medication again in preparation for our FET which is scheduled for the beginning of April. We are so excited to be working with this Dr and the clinic, and even though it has taken longer than we initially planned for, we are CLOSER to bringing home our Rainbow Baby than we have ever been in the last 5 years.

Hopefully, you are still reading this. :-)

That all brings me to why I have started this campaign.
I was let go from from my job in the middle of all of this as well. I have had to dip into the retirement fund to pay my health insurance OOP and also to help keep the house afloat as we solely cannot survive on one income. Although ,I have been able to stay home and focus on medication, dr appts, surgery and recovery as well as be able to take care of me ,while keeping my life stress free, eating well, excersing daily all in preparation for this next step. I have been out of work since October and We are slowly running out of money. We have spent nearly all of the retirement money on this process so far. I am looking for contributions to help allow me to stay home just a little longer until this process is over and we are able to say that "We are having a Baby".

I am beyond grateful that I have had the opportunity to stay home thus far and we feel SO hopeful with this DR and the progress we are making and feel that we are right where we are supposed to be in this process. So if you can find it in your heart ( or pocket) to help out a little, and allow me the opportunity to stay home a little longer and focus on the task ahead, we would be eternally grateful. All funds received will go directly towards medical costs, and cost of living while we go through this final step. I will update this campaign every step of the way moving forward. If you decide you cannot help us out in a dollar amount , then please just say a prayer and wish us well on our Journey to Baby M.



  • Stephanie Marguglio
    • $50 
    • 6 yrs


Erica Minue
Boynton Beach, FL

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.