SUPPLY is moving and we need your help to keep our doors open & remain a low-cost creative resource for Victoria's artists, students, and teachers.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
For the past year and a half, SUPPLY Victoria has been operating our Creative Reuse Centre in our Rockslide Gallery space. Though this location has been the hub of incredible growth and community for us, the space itself is becoming increasingly difficult to operate in for our organizations particular function. Now, it has become necessary for us to move and with the Rockslide space quickly filling up with new and exciting artists, space for our little store is becoming more and more limited and needs for a loading zone, better parking options, and a more accessible entrance have become evident. To continue running our Creative Reuse Centre, and divert more materials from the landfill, SUPPLY needs to make a move in the near future.
As a single-employee non-profit organization, capacity is extremely limited. Though we have experienced a significant amount of growth, recognition (receiving the Waste to Resource award this year at the EcoStar Gala), and received so much community support from our volunteers and customers, we have also experienced setbacks with our grant funding, making us unable to hire any further staff to offset capacity issues.
This move will provide SUPPLY with a fresh and accessible space, more conducive to retail and material donations and funding will build capacity. With this new space, we can have room to grow, collecting further donations from our generous donors, and allow us to build a space that truly feels like the Creative Reuse Centre we have been continually striving for.
We are currently facing a short time-frame to pack-up and move to a new location, which is why we need your help! Moving to a new space is costly and time consuming, requiring fixtures, signage, moving supplies and services and much more. With your help, we can continue to expand our mission to divert materials from the landfill and put them into the hands of artists, students, and teachers in order to create a more sustainable, creative, and inclusive Victoria. In doing so, we can create an even more special space for our thriving art and education communities.
WHO WE ARE
SUPPLY Victoria Creative Reuse Centre is a vibrant and inclusive non-profit community arts hub, selling second-hand traditional and non-traditional art, office, and school supplies. Our mission is to divert materials from the landfill and put them into the hands of artists, students, and teachers in order to create a more sustainable, creative, and inclusive Victoria. We strive to accelerate the adoption of sustainability in Victoria by supplying the materials and knowledge to integrate sustainable thinking into the creative process.
WHAT WE DO
SUPPLY Victoria Creative Reuse Centre, a registered Society, has redistributed seven thousand pounds of previously used art, office, and school supplies through a variety of programs and services, including:
- Creative Reuse Centre: a low-cost second-hand supply store open to the public three days a week.
- Online Store: featuring specialty and vintage salvaged creative goods available for in-store pickup.
- Creative Reuse Education: providing hands-on, arts-based environmental education programs.
- Material Grants: extending free material support to community-building art projects. This program is PAUSED until further notice to help prepare us for our relocation!
- Material Donations: welcoming donations of used supplies and surplus items from local businesses, in accordance with our Material Acceptance Guidelines
- Volunteer Program: offering skill-building opportunities within a community who care about art & the environment.
- Enhancing accessibility to affordable creative materials by offering a 20% discount to teachers, 20% off to the artists in the studios of our creative building, and sliding scale pricing options.
Our moving expenses include:
- moving supplies
- a moving service to preserve our one staff members’ physical health
- graphic design & signage for the new space
- renovations & improvements to make the space suitable for retail and accessible for all members of the community
Our goal is to raise $14,000 by February 1, 2024 to move and build the vibrant, colourful, inclusive, and inspiring Creative Reuse Centre you all deserve.
We recognize that this is a stretched time of year and appreciate everyone that has supported SUPPLY as we’ve grown into the organization we are today. Looking for a gift for an art- and enviornment-lover this holiday season? In the spirit of mindful and eco-concious gifting, consider making a donation in their name. Please help spread our message to your friends and family. With your help, SUPPLY can overcome this hurdle and remain a staple in the Victoria community!