As some of you may know, I am an MPH student at Mount Sinai, under the global health track. I volunteer at the Mount Sinai, Child Life—assisting a skilled art therapist in preparing tools and compiling resources to support children/children of patients who are bereaved and diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses in the Palliative Care unit. I am also proud to be one of the youth leaders at New Life Fellowship. It has always been my dream to work in low and middle income countries, to reach those who are underserved, and to empower and shed hope to those who are experiencing inequality. I believe that this would be a great opportunity for me to gain practical knowledge of community health information systems and birth registration, and exposure to UNICEF’s working environment particularly in the field.
With that, I am asking for your support.
Here are two ways you can support:
1. Financially. Since I am coming in as an intern for UNICEF, I will not be paid for the duration of the assignment. Hence, I would need your help to raise funds for my trip. ANY AMOUNT IS WELCOME (seriously).
Below is an estimated breakdown of my expenses for the duration of my trip:
$5000 : Goal
$1000 - plane ticket
3000 - 2.5 mos. accommodation (July 29-Sept 13)
1000 - ground transportation & food
Will be gladly accepting donations until the September 1st.
2. Prayers. Yes, prayers. I would love for you to pray for the following:
• For a deeper revelation of God and His direction in my life. That this experience would help me see more of His beauty, experience more of His presence, and sense where He is leading me in terms of my career in Global health.
• Success of Ethiopia’s campaign for the First National Birth Registration Program in August
• Safe travels throughout the duration of the trip.
DonationsSee top donations
- Chantel Richard
- Nancy Vega
- Adeline Ladera
- Joseph Vicencio
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more