Coats Family Residence Fire

My brother Shawn would never create this on his own and that is why I have decided to. On the night of January 29, 2014, the kitchen in our family residence where he and his family live, caught fire. My brother and his family were lucky to get out of the house in time. The house is really far out in the country and once his family was safe, my brother was able to put the fire out. Unfortunately the kitchen is a complete loss, including all the contents; and most of their belongings in the house are smoke damaged. We have started the process with insurance, but that will be a long process. Currently my brother and his family are staying in San Antonio and commuting to Floresville for work and school. My hopes in this fundraiser is to off-set all these extra expenses my brother and his family now face as they piece things back together. Also, I want for them to be able to replace certain things as soon as possible while they wait for the insurance to process. Everyone who knows Shawn and Charlee will tell you that both would do anything to help a friend or family member or even stranger out, even if they don't have the means to. Our family would greatly appreciate any support or donations and every little bit helps. Thank you for taking the time to read this and God Bless.


Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 88 mos
  • Deloris Sanchez  
    • $200 
    • 88 mos
  • Eddy/Cyndy Maldonado 
    • $100 
    • 88 mos
  • Brandon Ramsey 
    • $15 
    • 88 mos
  • Gerald L Smith 
    • $10 
    • 88 mos
See all

Organizer

Crystal Coats Richards 
Organizer
Floresville, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more