Almost a year ago, I came to Go Fund Me with a passion for helping and a dream to help at least 100 people for 2018. It is now almost December and we have surpassed that goal by hundreds. We are at approximately 650+ people helped, all because of those of you who donate.
This year we have been able to:
1. Fund giveaways for single parents to pay for groceries, day care, back to school clothes, etc.
2. Fed and provided haircuts and hygiene items for 350 local homeless men in Miami
3. Host a Back to School event where parents in need came to get FREE school supplies, back packs & enter raffles for gift cards
4. Visit the local homeless men and women in Fort Lauderdale and provide them with lunch and hygiene packs
5. Host a Thanksgiving event in which we provided over 150+ hot meals and 220+ blessing bags filled with hygiene products, socks & clean water to the local homeless men and women in Fort Lauderdale
In December we will be providing assistance to two single parents in need for Christmas & also partnering to create 'Stockings of Love'.
I can't express in writing how truly thankful I am to those of you who donated and who made our dream a reality. You guys allow us to be involved in blessing others and making positive impacts on communities and for that, we are eternally grateful.
A new Go Fund Me will be created in January with our official logo and our 503c status. An update will be provided once that is completed.
Do you ever find yourself wanting to help people but don't know where to start or feel like you can't make enough of a difference on your own? Then you’re in the right place. Over the past year, we’ve developed an insatiable need to help others. My best friend and I have been funding the giveaways out of our own pocket. While we will continue to do so, our budget limits the number of people we can help (We haven't hit the Powerball yet but we are totally working on it!).
This year, we want to do more. We want to help more people. We want to touch more lives. That's where you come in. We truly believe that a strong sense of community and people’s generosity can make a HUGE impact. Our idea is a pay it forward concept. Please donate whatever you can. No donation too big or small. Your donations will continue to help those in need who sometimes won't ask for it on their own.
We have also started a Non-Profit Organization called 100 People Project Inc. for this idea. I look forward to expanding for years to come.
Here are a couple donation projects we were involved in:
1. Loaded a truck with hygiene products, food, diapers and other necessities. We personally drove the supplies from Ft Lauderdale to Texas after Hurricane Harvey. donations from our community made it possible to complete in less than 48 hours.
2. Provided a single mom who was financially impacted by Irma with a Publix gift card so that she could buy some groceries for her kids and alleviate some stress.
3. Provided a single mom with a Toys R Us gift card for Christmas because she was financially strained and feared that her children would not have any presents.
The moms mentioned above were nominated via social media posts. These posts requested to nominate single moms in need. We want to go BIGGER in 2018!
Our resolution is to help 100 strangers but we can't do it without your help. We have a few ideas for this year and ALWAYS welcome new ideas or suggestions to help the community or people in need.
This year we want to:
1. Do back to school giveaways for single parents for school supplies and clothes
2. Do back to school giveaways for teachers who could use some assistance with supplies for their classroom
3. Help feed/clothe the homeless
4. Pay overdrawn lunch accounts in schools for children who's parents can't afford school lunch
5. Pay a bill for any struggling college student/single parent
6. Thank a Veteran by providing cash or paying a bill
This is a true passion of ours and we can't wait to see how much of a difference we can all make together.
You can also follow along on Instagram at @100PeopleProject
- Claudia Molk
- Patrick Bresnahan
- Laura Guary
- Victoria Riley