Greetings, thank you for visiting our fundraising page. We are raising happiness funds for the 3rd Annual Just Be You Children's Festival™️ which is the premier children's festival in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania metro area. The festival is a program organized by the new nonprofit organization, JBY Academy & Performing Arts Conservatory™️.
Our Legacy Story
The Just Be You Children's Festival was first held in the summer of 2022 in the historic city of Easton, Pennsylvania and made history in the Lehigh Valley as the premier festival exclusively about the youth. We aim to empower the children to believe in themselves and be mindful of their wellness and self-care. Moreover, the purpose of the festival is to provide a fun opportunity for family and community engagement.
We recognize that times are proving to be extremely challenging for today's youth. We are proud to have created such a unique event that focuses primarily on the well-being of children and teens. We engage the youth with arts and crafts activities that boost self-esteem as well as fun fitness activities that encourage physical wellness. The event is free for children and families to attend. There are not hidden cost or fees at the event and no costly tickets for families to purchase for activities.
By donating any amount you can afford, you will help us further this cause and be a part of our legacy journey.
Thanks to outstanding outcomes from both the 2022 and 2023 festival; aimed at family-engagement and youth enrichment, we are adding additional activities and workshops to the festival in 2024. Which includes, an awards ceremony.
In 2022, we were able to fund the festival with a grant, but unfortunately, due to the economy, the grant was not available this year. As such, in 2023 we heavily relied on the support of those who who saw value in our mission to be supportive of children and teens by building their confidence, increasing their self-awareness, and encouraging their happiness.
Due to inflation impacting families all across the nation we are in need now more than ever. The cost of supplies and equipment to host the festival has increased significantly.
Your support will help us serve more children and teens.
Positive Outcomes & Impact - Just Be You Children's Festival - 2022 & 2023 Highlights:
- Diverse children and families from all cultures attended the two-day event.
- The festival was a welcoming environment for children with special needs.
- Sensory-friendly activities were provided at the festival.
- Nourishment was provided on both days of the event. Families were generously served complimentary slices of pizza and handheld sandwiches. As well as, bottled water, fresh fruit, and healthy snacks donated by local groceries stores.
- This community service included individuals who were houseless and just so happened to be at the park during the event.
- Gave away goodie bags filed with creative and stress-management products.
- Provided live educational and fun entertainment.
- Enriched the lives of over 300 children and their families.
- Event's inaugural year was featured on WFMZ Channel 69 News.
- Festival attended by Emmy award-nominated actor, Ja'siah Young, the lead actor in the Netflix hit series, "Raising Dion", who gave an inspiring talk during the event and was honored for his talent and positivity.
- Awards ceremony recognizing talented children who also serve their community through volunteerism, such as youth filmmaker, DJ Clarke, who won an award for his debut short-film "Kendra the Rabbit".
- Festival's key sponsor, the Mayor's Office of Special Events, provided the venue for the event.
- Several local stores, major companies and businesses helped sponsored the event with in-kind donations.
- Provided interactive STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) activities such a science show and a magic show.
- Hosted a live mini-concert performed by rising pop/rock star, Seth Witcher, professional recording artist and musician.
- Empowered the youth with an uplifting motivational speech and an energetic "Cha-Cha Slide" dance-along, by festival founder and artistic director, award-winning triple threat actress, Mahogany Reynolds.
- Commitment from first and second year's sponsors to support the festival again.
- Established a new nonprofit organization that will serve as the festival organizer, JBY Academy & Performing Arts Conservatory, so we can do more in 2024!
Despite operating on a small budget as a family-run organization; we make a big impact on the lives of children and families.
Our Mission Statement.
The mission of the Just Be You Children’s Festival™ is to raise awareness on wellness and encourage creativity. The festival provides fun and interactive activities for youth to learn how to live a balanced, healthy, and happy life. The theme of the festival is: wellness, happiness and creativity. It is a free community event that boosts family engagement and celebrates cultural diversity.
Thank you for making a donation to this great cause!
Here's how we'll use the donation funds:
- Giveaway wellness and creativity goodie bags to the children and teens.
- Provide live entertainment.
- Serve free pizza, sandwiches, healthy snacks, juice and bottled water.
- Cover production expenses, such as, portable restrooms at the park, and hand sanitizing stations.
- Provide a sensory-friendly play area with arts and crafts.
- Host interactive workshops for youth to learn about and discuss the importance of wellness.
- Showcase the talent of youth filmmakers and host a community-oriented awards ceremony.
- Give away back-to-school supply kits.
Please visit the festival website to see pictures, videos, learn more about our legacy, and more details on this outstanding festival for children and families.
We appreciate you!
We believe that one can never sow a seed into the lives of children without something spectacular growing!
Sharing is caring, please share our GoFundMe campaign with a friend!
Please use the below hashtags when sharing the campaign and event.
Follow the festival on Facebook www.facebook.com/justbeyoufestivaleaston
Follow the organization on Instagram @jbyperformingarts
THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS & GENEROSITY!
The Just Be You Children's Festival is a free program organized by the new nonprofit organization, JBY Academy & Performing Arts Conservatory.