As Advocates for Silenced Turkey (AST) we announce that “Freedom Truck” with banners highlighting the human rights violations in Turkey sets off to tour from New York towards the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, and Minnesota to raise awareness about human rights violations in Turkey.
As it is declared through the banners on the Freedom Truck, we demand the freedom of;
- incarcerated children in Turkish jails,
- Ahmet Altan, who has recently been rearrested, and of all political prisoners who are arbitrarily incarcerated in Turkish jails.
We heard you loud
here at AST, so we are organizing 2 more initiatives to raise and spread awareness
about human rights violations in Turkey:1.
On December 10th, Human Rights Day
, we stand up for our rights and those of others. The absence of equality, justice, and freedom causes violence and prevents peace as we are seeing today in Turkey. Human rights are relevant to all of us, every day and on this day in particular, we are going to hold a bigger and better rally in the center of Manhattan. Our last vigil and peaceful protest (made possible by you!)
was very successful. More than 500 people are expected to be in attendance on December 10th. By working together, we can have a bold voice for a great impact. Please show up and be a part of the protest in New York that day!2.
Visibility is fundamental to creating awareness about the ill-treatment of people, especially young children and babies in jail, in Turkey. AST will design and display an 8 second digital billboard advertisement for 4 weeks. This 14’ x 48’ billboard placement has the potential of reaching over 1.6 million viewers.
By working together to amplify the voices of the silenced, we can be sure these vital actions become a reality, but AST is in need of your help.
of groundwork and supplies are necessary to get these crucial projects going. Here is the breakdown of anticipated expenses:
• 500 T-shirts: $4,000 - $4,500
• Design & graphic work: $900 - $1,300
• 500 Hats: $2,000 - $2,500
• Creation of 2-minute Video: $1,800 - $2,000
• Social Media Advertisements: $800 - $1,000
• Videographer/Photographer: $400
• 5 Megaphones: $1,000
• Rentals: $500 - $750
• 3 Large Banners: (8’x 8’): $3,600
• 8 Banners (5’x 5’): $1,000 - $1,250
• 50,000 Hand-out Flyers: $2,800 - $3,000
• Flyer distribution cost (5 people x $75/day): $375
• 500 posters (24’x 36’) design: $500 - $700 Print: $2,900 - $3,100
• Transportation: $500 - $700
• Municipality permit: $1,500 - $1,825
• 300 Balloons (36”) with helium gas $9/each: $2,700
• Billboard Advertisement: $11,225
(design, production, and installation) TOTAL EXPENSES: $39,000 - $41,000
These projects will help to raise awareness needed at this time. Won’t you please consider sponsoring one of the expenses listed above for universal human rights? We invite you to make a gift in any amount that is significant to you.
Advocates of Silenced Turkey (AST) the only nonprofit human rights organization working for the rights of persecuted people in Turkey until universal human rights and democratic governance are established and sustained as the utmost priorities of the Republic of Turkey. P.S. AST Stands up to report, document, and TAKE ACTION to stop human rights violations in Turkey. Will you?