Send Jeanne Smith , a transgender woman, to the Democratic National Convention.
It is estimated that the cost for each Delegate for hotel, travel and food will be $3000 to attend this years convention. I expect to cut this cost and I will donate all surplus funds equally between progressive candidates for office and not-for-profit transgender activist and support organizations.
I am a lifelong progressive and proudly supporting Bernie Sanders in the National Convention. I will be honored to represent the majority of Hoosiers who voted for Bernie, the most trustworthy and principled politician in national politics. I am politically astute. I have valuable experiences in politics, democratically run non-profits and business useful for working with Bernie’s campaign organization at the convention.
I am a transgender woman at a time when transgender persons are the focus of attacks by conservatives who are bent on turning back the rights of all LGBTpersons. Fear of the unknown and anger over marriage equality is providing the fuel for
this attack. One study concluded that more U.S. citizens report having seen a ghost than have seen a transgender person. One of the most important tools we can bring to this fight is to be seen and understood as upstanding and normal citizens.
I am sixty-four years old. I grew up a boy in Peru, Indiana. I graduated from Indiana University in Bloomington founded and own Bikesmiths, voted “Bloomington’s Best Bicycle Shop” by every polling news media for the past 41 years.
In 1996, I ran as a Democrat for the US House of Representatives, Indiana District 8.
My very progressive platform included:
* Reducing the percentage of our population that is incarcerated, especially men of color
* Redirecting resources from the tools of war to industries that promote health and industrial jobs (with an ability to redirect back to national defense contracts if the need would arise)
* Strongly supporting single payer universal health care
*Calling for equal rights for all, extending beyond nationalism
* Opposing concealed fire arms and guns designed primarily to kill people
* Supporting public stewardship of media over corporate media
* Opposing the wasteful spending of I-69 highway project in SW Indiana
* Advocating for peace
* Proposing several environmental solutions, including development of a USA high
speed rail, taking from the best of others.
I hope you will help fund my attendance represent Hoosiers and the LGBT
communities at the National Convention
Thank you, Jeanne Smith - Bloomington, Dist 9
* Soap Box Derby Champion
*Plymouth Trouble Shooting Contest State Champion and National Finalist.
*General Manager, WQAX, IU Student Broadcasting Inc.
* Coach/sponsor of Race Across America (RAAM) 2 time 4th place rider, Kye Waltermire.
* Coach/Sponsor five years of National and World Champion BHSS Solar Bicycle Team.
*Director of COUNT US! and COUNT US PAC
* Promoter of many concerts, bicycle races and public event fundraisers for civic
*Currently, board member, participant in Non-profits:
*Bloomington Trashion Refashion
*The Bloomington Community Bicycle Project.
*Bloomington Pride Inc.
DonationsSee top donations
- Marcy Neiditz
- Gail Hale
- Geckos Rock
- Carrie Shahbahrami
- The Back Door Benefit Vallures & Daisy Chain
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more