Dear friends and family:
There's a Zambian proverb which says "˜If you run alone you run fast, if you run together you run far." We are asking each of you to help us at WaterEmpowerment run far in our first project in Mpika.
The pilot project was initiated in May of 2013 and has received positive responses from the community members and Chief Chikwanda. So far with little funding we have educated the community on methods to improve their health related to drinking clean safe water and washing hands. We have been invited to participate and continue our teaching at the Besa ceremony on September 22nd and need your help to attain that goal and the bigger goal of obtaining a borehole in the area. The project details are on our website.
The help we need is varied. We definitely need money, but if that is beyond your budget that's understandable in these economic times so we are accepting help in the form of:
· Introduction to your contacts in private companies that can fund our project
· Introduction to people working in the micro-financing who would be able to help the women in the community improve their economic standing
· Share our facebook page monthly
· Donate plain teeshirts for our community trainers (any color)
· If you know someone in printing arrange for a discount for us to print our material
· Donate things we can auction off (memorabilia, art work, hotel room, phones, camera's:etc)
· Donate soap (any kind) & Chlorine tablets
· Donate your time to speak to your coworkers, friends etc about water scarcity and WaterEmpowerment in particular.
· Take pictures or video of any community you're in that is experiencing water issues of any kind
· Donate clean water from your taps or buy purchasing it from the city council
· Donate organic seeds for the communities to cultivate, chickens, goats, cows, pigs:etc
· Donate television, radio or cell phone advertisement
· Well wishes & blessings!
· Contact us for anything not listed that you feel may be appropriate
Thank you in advance for all your support and any help you may give us.
Website: www.WaterEmpowerment.org, Twitter: #h20empowerment,
Donate: http://www.gofundme.com/2413h4 or by Paypal on www.waterempowerment.org, for donations from Zambia please email for details.
DonationsSee top donations
- Mundia Chitambala
- Towella Alabi
- Michelle McLeod
- Siphiwe Mwenya
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more