Kenneth Gene's journey started .... I pprom (water broke)at 22wks 1dy on 12/26/19. Got sent to United hospital in st. Paul, mn. Got held over 1 night for observations, due to not being 23wks or higher we got sent home being told come back on 1/1/20 when we were 23wks to be vital. We went home on 12/27/19 where I stared to labor at 6pm. I laid in bed crying and praying for it to stop to hold off for a few days. My labor didn't slow till 5:40am 12/28/19. I got out of bed at 6:50 and knew something was off and we needed to go to the hospital. We left 15 mins later after my boyfriend went to start the truck and slipped and fell on the ice. We drove to the nearest hospital in need of emergency transport. When we arrived we found out our little boy was coming down sooner then we thought, we also found out all medical emergency transport was closed... not transporting due to the bad ice storm we were in. We got told if we deliver there we'd mostly only be able to hold our baby till he went home in the big blue sky, there was nothing they could do for him there at all, and it would take the closest NICU team up to 2 hours to get there, if they even came at all cause of the road conditions. Me and my boyfriend decided we were gonna go ama, a'wall, not listen to the doctors and sign a paper then leave to drive ourselves to United hospital, We got into the truck on this last desperate chance, our last little piece of a chance for our little boy..... drive was suppose to be 45mins away on good days, but that day 1hr 15mins to 1.5hrs. (Driving only 30-40 mph instead of normal 65-70mph, sliding all over, cars in the ditch left and right) we made it safe! We arrived they of course rushed us to a room and such, we found out my labouring continued so far I was delivering my baby partial way in the truck on the way to the hospital, his little head is what saved him. We begged for NICU to come and at least assess our baby, see if he was vital and try and try for any way possible to save him. They said they would try for a few mins, but if the tube wouldn't go, they couldn't keep trying. I signed papers at 11:44am and Kenneth Gene was born 11:48am, weighing 1lb 1oz, 10.25 inches, 22wk 3dy!! It took 12mins to place his breathing tube....12mins they took to try and save my little boys life! Longest 12mins of my entire life, 12mins I can never ever say thank you enough to God, to the team, to all the ones besides us uplifting us with their prayers and thoughts, 12mins.... not Just a few mins but 12mins they took instead to try, our minds stopped after a few mins like they said in the beginning.... but they didn't!! They didn't just stop at a few!! Best team ever!! Thank you Jesus. He has fought so hard to be here, me and his dad have already fought against all odds for him and he is here! He's critical, but ok. We have been up and down sooo much, Kenneth has had blood infections, 2 brain bleeds (grade 3 & grade 4), hole in intestines, necrosis of intestines, air pockets in his stomach around his lungs, feeding tube went elsewhere but not in stomach... so much he's been thru and has taken. He's our little fighter. His stay can be 15-17+ weeks in the NICU! Please feel free to share, but more importantly, please please keep praying for Kenneth Gene!!