Here is a note that we received from them...
Dear Friends and Family,
We are excited to share with you that God has called us to the adoption journey once again! This time in a very unexpected way; we received a phone call on Monday December 3rd from the adoption agency that we adopted both our boys from and they said that Eli's birth parents were pregnant again and wanted to place the child with us so that they could keep the siblings together. Needless to say we were shocked and overwhelmed. We knew that we would adopt again and had plans to do so in the far future, but after Jason, a member of 4 kids (they work to raise up foster and adoptive families in our county) came to visit our church and talked about the continuous need for adoptive and foster families, we began praying about what role God wanted us to play now. We never imagined that we would literally be called a week later and offered the opportunity to adopt Eli's biological sibling.
Of course we knew we needed to pray hard about this decision; on the one hand our hearts were crying yes, yes, yes we are in, but our practical and logical side was saying you can't, you don't have $25,000, you don't have a car that can hold 3 car seats, and this would mean 3 children under the age of 4. We knew that the only right answer would be God's; so we turned to the spirit and prayed hard for clarity and his will over this child's life. We also called friends and family to start praying as well. On Tuesday evening Grant began to say with confidence that he felt the Lord Leading us to move forward with this adoption and he would provide, I ( Hannah) on the other hand was still in limbo, I didn't fear either decision or disagree with Grant's confidence I just wanted God to give me assurance of my own. We went to bed that night with no formal decision and the next morning I began to pray again for clarity and assurance I asked God if I was missing the sign or being selfish in looking for assurance and I felt as though the only answer was I have given confidence. But the Lord is so Gracious and on the way to work that day I put in a new CD that the pastor had given me and in the first song I felt God completely speak to me and tell me to let go and move forward with this, I was still crying when I got to work and found Grant's email that said he had been given assurance on the way to work that day that we were suppose to move forward. I felt a total peace about our decision, but God, knowing we are a fickle people, continued to offer confirmation the next day with phone calls from friends and family who had words for us. So, here we are, in the middle of God's plan taking one step at a time.
The birth mom is due April 19th. The Cost of the adoption is $25,000 and we will need a vehicle that can hold 3 car seats before we can bring home a third child. We have no doubts that the Lord will provide all that is needed. Our next step is securing a home study update which costs $500 and securing the match by paying the preliminary expenses, which total $5,000. We cannot begin to apply for Grants until we have an updated Home Study.
We are sharing our story so that this whole thing can be covered in immense prayer. Any adoption carries with it risks and this one has its fair share but we know that there is power in prayer and the Lord is faithful. Please pray for the birth parents, the baby, the agency, and our family. Pray that God provides all that is needed to secure the adoption and bring the baby home. Thank you for sharing in this journey with us.
Hannah, Grant, Landon, and Eli
DonationsSee top donations
- Tim Hendricks
- Parents Night Out
- Element Craft Bazzar
- Jewelry Party
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more